Daft Punk Thomas Bangalter Helmet

Jack Martin

Hey guys, so i thought id post this here as you lot may appreciate it, even though some members here have already done it :)

I got a Firewire cast a few months back decided to sand it al up recently and send it off, you may have seen another post i posted before about the quality of the spray chrome work being poor, but apart from that it's somewhat done.

Just gotta fit the visor and I'm good to go.

Here is what it looks like!

1375808_586486248083889_1749724121_n.jpg

1376322_586486381417209_120577762_n.jpg

You may be saying it looks fine, but the trouble is there are loads of air bubbles and scratched off chrome work in it. Some noticable others not, theres also a odd smudge on the side visor but i cant really get a photo of it. However i'm in contact with the company about it as for the price of 264£ i'm livid that it came back with scratched off chrome and so many air bubbles, 20 to be precise ranging from huge to small.

Imperfection1.pngIMperfections2.pngIMperfections3.pngimperfections4.pngimperfections5.png

It's hard to see from here but yea, theres also a scratched off bit on the top front visor but it doesnt show well on camera.

But yea, i'll post when i got the visor sorted and ill show my whole cosplay soon, this is it so far!

Again sorry for poor quality :/

Untitled.jpg

When i sent the helmet off to these guys there was no imperfections, was smooth as a babys bottom etc. So i dunno why it came back with so many faults in places where there wasnt even originally any imperfections?

Apart from that im happy with the shine, it just makes me feel like i'm bad at this hobby and it's kind of a **** start if you get my drift into my prop making or atleast my first steps into it as it isnt my cast.

Quick update from the chromers, they said if i sent it back they'd redo it, trouble is i have no tiem from now to an event to get it sorted out.

That and i dont wanna spend money on postage only to recieve it back in such awful quality again. Would really grind my gears.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back