Star Trek TOS Phaser 1/2 buildup, Rshanko kit with upgrades

ecl

Sr Member
I got this rshanko phaser from a trade a few months ago from a friend and he also prepped it for me, so it was all ready for paint when I received it. The P1/P2 are both rshanko, but the handle was done by a member on a trek forum, along with the various metal pieces. My intent was to replicate the midgrade phaser as best as I could, including brushing on the paint on the P1 and P2 and then aging it throughout. Here are some photos I took of it today! It's become one of my favorite pieces in my collection.

Attachments

• ph1.jpg
    ph1.jpg
    662.7 KB · Views: 231
  • ph2.jpg
    ph2.jpg
    546.8 KB · Views: 268
  • ph3.jpg
    ph3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 265
  • ph4.jpg
    ph4.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 263
  • ph5.jpg
    ph5.jpg
    932.3 KB · Views: 299
Thanks for the comments! It's been done for a while but I thought to shoot some new photos today and post them here.

There were "hero" and "midgrade" phasers on the original show; basically all it means is that the hero ones had a few more functioning parts (dials, movable dials, etc.) and the midgrades, while looking pretty much the same as the heros, had no moving parts and the fins at the back end of the phaser were just painted silver rather than the metal protruding fins on the hero ones.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back