Our Klingon Prop Holy Grail, The Ten Commandments Klingon Mug PIC HEAVY

DocTony

Sr Member
My roommate and started this project about 2 months ago, This particular piece has been impossible to find anywhere so we started our quest to make one.

The original cup was made for the movie The Ten Commandments and was briefly seen. They were made of metal I believe

Years later these were used as one of the Klingon drinking mugs in the newer series, vacuform copies were made.

The ONLY versions of this available were highly inaccurate ones sold at the Star Trek Experience in Las Vegas.

SO we looked around for options, I suggested making a resin outer holder a regular 16 oz cup would fit in, Jerome suggested sculpting one from scratch, after looking at costs and deciding who was going to pay for the project (Jerome) we went with his idea :)

He found a local sculptor to sculpt the mug and make a master.

The sculptor made two and we decided on the paint job on the one on the left and we went the the mug on the right.

So now a 2 piece mold was made.

After the mold was made it all came together, we now have as many as we like !! We have already asked him to make a large bowl in the same style. Right now the first 10 are being painted so we should have some available in the junkyard if there is any interest.

This was the first time either of us had worked with a sculptor or ceramic so it was all new to us. The mugs are ceramic and completely drink safe, they can even be washed in the dishwasher, since the sculptor is a professional these are no different form the coffee mug you can get at Wal Mart. I look forward to posting pics of the bowl soon

Last edited:
Very cool! I know I would be interested in one or two when you get them in the junkyard.

Terry

An interest thread was started in the junkyard. here are some finished pics

URL=http://s770.photobucket.com/user/doctony1/media/KLINGON/Bloodwine%20Tankard/IMG_6104_zpsc323ff54.jpg.html]
IMG_6104_zpsc323ff54.jpg
[/URL]

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back