1/50 scale Planet Express Ship, Futurama

Almost there... two more assemblies to go.

12916290265_a8e125f5dd_b.jpg

Last minute addition, I decided to add a single LED to the forward landing strut/stair assembly. I think this balances the lights on the back of the ship really well and adds some interest to the undercarriage

12916405193_63afed04e4_c.jpg

Now I understand the brilliance of Britney spears... it's beautiful and all I can say is
Sometimes I run
Sometimes I hide
Sometimes I'm scared of you
But all I really want is to hold you planet express ship

looking awesome! I really like the look of the light above the stairway, colors look great too! It sounds like the project is becoming a little irritating but it is really coming out great

looking awesome! I really like the look of the light above the stairway, colors look great too! It sounds like the project is becoming a little irritating but it is really coming out great

A bit, yeah. I have to apologize again for being trigger happy earlier - once something passes a certain amount of time it starts to grate on me a bit.

That said, the comments that YenChih Lin had about the logos are entirely valid, I've just been too buried in this thing to see the issues. To that end I've decided to scrap the finicky water slide decals and try direct print to vinyl. I'm picking them up tomorrow morning and I'll put them on ship #3 as a test run. If they look better, I'll change out all the ships.

Until tomorrow, they wait. All three are assembled, just the display bases left to go.

12957385813_f2f7bb2e72_b.jpg

12957244295_85b067a190_b.jpg

That is so cool. I have been wanting to build a planet express ship. Are you going to have an exclusive Bender figure to go with it? Ha ha!

Nicely done. ALPS?

Not sure what ALPS is, these were done by a local vinyl shop. I assume they're just fancy inkjet prints, because of the dotting, but I don't know for certain.

Display bases are finished - I styled these after some planets from the series. The green one is taken from the Omicron Persei 8 color scheme, blue represents Eternium (the Nibblonian homeworld) and the reddish one is a stylized Mars. Had a lot of fun with the airbrush completing these.

13073726763_dae8468940_b.jpg

13073925504_4d0d5ef232_b.jpg

Shipping crates for shipping the shipping ships

13073922664_76013d14e5_b.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back