Master Sword with Pedestal - Steel Replica

Heroic Replicas

Hello all!

I recently completed my third iteration of the Master Sword, this time with some notable improvements!

2zxSArT.jpg

After casting the shape in a form, with foam inserts for the blade, and letting it cure for a few weeks, I etched the concrete with muratic acid. Using a slightly diluted solution, it removes the calcium layer from the top, making the surface less powdery, and easier for paint to adhere.

py6E2dy.jpg

I backed some black leather shapes with cardboard, and cut some steel for a gasket and cover. I sanded and polished the steel, and secured it with JB weld. I'm very happy with how this turned out.

ju0Z0ZJ.jpg

I drew up the emblem in AutoCAD, printed out a stencil, and painted it. I handled fine touch-ups with a sharpie, and any mistakes with a small file.

HJWEYk5.jpg

For this version, I got a new paint that changes from Blue to Purple depending on the light. The handle is now oak instead of a welded steel pipe.

siERT8x.jpg

This blade is thinner and sharper than ever. It can cut paper run up along its edge, and weighs about half as the first two swords I made.It's still pretty heavy when wielded one-handed...

ZwA3hUc.jpg

The braided handle returns! I was able to get it a bit tighter this time around. I'll be looking into different designs for other swords I can do.

yrT4Nu5.jpg

Test fit works great!

Fancy Shots:
0DgNKLZ.jpg

47T4PU6.jpg

G5TUHXI.jpg

Attachments

• P3-01.jpg
    P3-01.jpg
    320.5 KB · Views: 288
  • P3-02.jpg
    P3-02.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 203
  • P3-03.jpg
    P3-03.jpg
    355.9 KB · Views: 306
  • P3-04.jpg
    P3-04.jpg
    264.3 KB · Views: 377
  • P3-05.jpg
    P3-05.jpg
    377.7 KB · Views: 307
  • P3-06.JPG
    P3-06.JPG
    192.4 KB · Views: 312
  • P3-07.JPG
    P3-07.JPG
    298.8 KB · Views: 328
  • P3-08.jpg
    P3-08.jpg
    381.6 KB · Views: 413
  • P3-09.jpg
    P3-09.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 222
  • P3-10.jpg
    P3-10.jpg
    340 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:
Very cool. we have one.....by far not as nice as the one you got there, I think I picked it up my wife for xmas from thinkgeek a while back, but I was thinking of making a stand for it to stick out of, similar to the one link pulls the sword from in OOT. after I have the shape made out of wood, any suggestions on how to make it appear to be made of stone?

Thanks

Very cool. we have one.....by far not as nice as the one you got there, I think I picked it up my wife for xmas from thinkgeek a while back, but I was thinking of making a stand for it to stick out of, similar to the one link pulls the sword from in OOT. after I have the shape made out of wood, any suggestions on how to make it appear to be made of stone?

Thanks

Use textured spray paint. It should give it an aged, stone-like appearance.

Awesome work on your sword and base! Makes me want to finish mine now ahhhhh. Stellar job :thumbup:

WOW!!! I was thinking of doing the same for my Master Sword.(which is in no way as beautiful as yours) Would be a great way to display this piece in a room, as long as you don't have kids or pets running around. HAHA

WOW!!! I was thinking of doing the same for my Master Sword.(which is in no way as beautiful as yours) Would be a great way to display this piece in a room, as long as you don't have kids or pets running around. HAHA

When I do a First Tsurugi, it's going to have to be encased as a coffee table!

First_Tsurugi_Separated.jpg

Last edited:
REALLY AWESOME. That is something I could not keep in my house however. It needs to be far, far away from anyone who would be tempted to swing it, which is about 98% of my male friends and 0% of my female friends.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back