Best glue for resin kits?

spoudastis

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
What kind of glue do you all recommend for a resin blaster kit? I'm used to building scale models and usually use cyanoacrylate or tamiya liquid cement bur feel like those kinds of glue will not be sufficient for a full scale resin blaster. I was thinking of some kind of epoxy but was curious if the community had a preferred type that was strong and user friendly.

Super glue while holding parts fast is not a "strong" glue, especially for something that will be handled a lot like a blaster. It can shear apart easily. I would recommend a good two part 5 minute epoxy. I have used the Gorilla brand 5 minute epoxy and find it's great stuff.

Pinning heavy resin parts with a small bit of coat hanger wire helps a lot as well. Put a small dot of red paint on the mating surface of one part and then hold it in place on the part it attaches to. The red dot will transfer. Drill these two red dots and glue a short length of wire into one side. Then put a drop of epoxy in the opposite hole and mating surface. You'll get a much stronger join between parts.

Another vote for two part epoxy resin glue. Super glue is great for light weight items that won't be handled much. But it has limited shear strength, so my choice would be two part.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back