Tony stark / iron man mk4 arm build

littlebigm

Hello there guys!

I know that the title does sound strange and yes, it is just the arm, but I have very good reason for this!
A lengthy school trip that is coming up has a 'Theme Night'. The theme of the evening is 'T'. Anything beginning with the letter T was acceptable (Within Reason) and so as a cosplayer, I began to think of costumes that would be pretty awesome to do.
Then I realised, Tony Stark! But how would anyone know its Tony Stark, I look nothing like him, however the thought of doing one MK4 Arm, an Ark reactor and wearing one of those black sabbath shirts, I may be able to pull it off.

Anyway, lengthy story aside, I have just settled on starting the project, a week of thinking about other characters and I havn't thought of anything I would rather do.

So, this evening I began work on a small test piece to see if I could the hang of the technique shown on this thread, started by JFcustom : http://www.therpf.com/f24/foam-speed-building-files-cullencosplay-vids-added-148889/

I would like to thank him on putting up these excellent files, and all the people involved in making them too.

I can't put up photos right now, there isn't much to put up anyway, but I think I'm getting the hang of the way the paper to foam technique works.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I could do the Arc Reactor reasonably cheaply?

Thanks.

Well why don't you go for an easy but more screenaccurate approach? Remember the scene from the first movie? Tony watched the news in is lab about the town in Afghanistan being taken over by the ten rings. He sits's there, wearing the right forearm and glove. All you need is that, a white shirt with a printed on Arc reactor and you're good to go :) (and using the JFCustom speedbuild files will allow you to build this in like a day :) )

Well why don't you go for an easy but more screenaccurate approach? Remember the scene from the first movie? Tony watched the news in is lab about the town in Afghanistan being taken over by the ten rings. He sits's there, wearing the right forearm and glove. All you need is that, a white shirt with a printed on Arc reactor and you're good to go :) (and using the JFCustom speedbuild files will allow you to build this in like a day :) )

Thanks, I know the glove you mean, I was actually thinking of doing just that glove segment. As for the Arc reactor I would prefer to make one than buy the tshirt, which I need to think about starting after the glove/arm.
In that particular scene I think he has a wire going from the arc reactor to the glove too, which could be a cool addition.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back