The RPF 2013 Halloween Costume Contest! JUDGED WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Re: The RPF 2013 Halloween Costume Contest!

Wish I could play this year!! But I won't have full decent shots of my costume til later this month..... maybe I'll submit it next time...

Hey Micheal, can you delete this: DELETE ME PLEASE! - the RPF Gallery

When I first submitted the photo I used a smaller one because I didn't know the high rez one would be visible- then when I realized I should submit the larger version, I edited it, but the 'see larger image' keeps going to the first small photo I loaded... So I just submitted a second one and did it right.

Sorry to be a bother, and thanks! :)

So I kind of want to enter, but I'm not sure if 2 items of mine would disqualify me, so I'll ask before I submit. I was Daryl Dixon from the Walking Dead for Halloween. I got a shirt from Costco and modded it with cut off arms, basic blue jeans and some Harley boots, nerf style crossbow and a painted black Walmart toy gun, modified Ron Burgundy wig from Spirit, squirrel dog toy from my shop (dog grooming) etc and I painted and modded my Captain America 7up chopper bike to fit more onto Daryl's chopper. BUT... lack of time to do anything different, I did purchase the Daryl vest and ear necklace from Spencers. Do those last two wipe me out or can I submit still? If so I need some proof photo's. Majority of my mods went into my chopper, part of the costume, but not the costume itself. Was a HUGE hit for Halloween in my neighborhood, just don't want to submit only to get kicked, but I will post elsewhere to share either way. Thanks

I've updated my thread with the proof photo, I should have everything for the contest entry. Please let me know if I'm missing anything.

Is this clear enough for our RPF photo, Michael? I don't know why the RPF logo isn't showing up, but that's the site - you can see the 'craft your fandom' on it....

http://www.jedielfqueen.com/thorin/rpf.jpg

If not, we can try again. :)

Definitely clear enough. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Micheal, can you delete this: DELETE ME PLEASE! - the RPF Gallery

When I first submitted the photo I used a smaller one because I didn't know the high rez one would be visible- then when I realized I should submit the larger version, I edited it, but the 'see larger image' keeps going to the first small photo I loaded... So I just submitted a second one and did it right.

Sorry to be a bother, and thanks! :)

Done. :)

- - - Updated - - -

So I kind of want to enter, but I'm not sure if 2 items of mine would disqualify me, so I'll ask before I submit. I was Daryl Dixon from the Walking Dead for Halloween. I got a shirt from Costco and modded it with cut off arms, basic blue jeans and some Harley boots, nerf style crossbow and a painted black Walmart toy gun, modified Ron Burgundy wig from Spirit, squirrel dog toy from my shop (dog grooming) etc and I painted and modded my Captain America 7up chopper bike to fit more onto Daryl's chopper. BUT... lack of time to do anything different, I did purchase the Daryl vest and ear necklace from Spencers. Do those last two wipe me out or can I submit still? If so I need some proof photo's. Majority of my mods went into my chopper, part of the costume, but not the costume itself. Was a HUGE hit for Halloween in my neighborhood, just don't want to submit only to get kicked, but I will post elsewhere to share either way. Thanks

You're good. Not only was there modification but you also sourced from multiple vendors. :)

- - - Updated - - -

You're good. Not only was there modification but you also sourced from multiple vendors. :)

List at the bottom of the first post should be complete now. People in BOLD have completed entries, people not in bold have something missing. If anyone needs any help let me know!

I think my entry should be good to go. IF not just let me know. Thanks

My entry isn't showing up in the male entrants it appears I made a mistake?

Is changing the light exposure and/or contrast of the picture count as a photo manipulation? What about cropping the excess part of the picture?
The best picture I have has too much light and some unnecessary things got in the picture too. Also, I got a number plate in the picture, so should I erase it or I should not do it due to the rule?
Thanks!

http://www.therpf.com/f24/alpha-pro...-contest-entry-ganon-form-legnd-zelda-172834/
I have the proof picture posted on the last page.
CIMG9713_zps777937e8.jpg

Last edited:

I completed the last step of uploading my kid's costume pic to the gallery. The picture needs to be rotated clockwise. I tried to do this on my own, but the change didn't take. Should I upload another one after the first is deleted by Admin?

20131102_192545[1].jpgI got my one done at least enough to wear.
and me and batman had it out in his front garden20131102_192345-1.jpg20131102_192533.jpg20131102_192318-1-1.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back