The RPF 2013 Halloween Costume Contest! JUDGED WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Re: The RPF 2013 Halloween Costume Contest!

Was there any decision made about having an additional image set into your entry photo? Last year, some people only submitted a single photo, but it had two views of the costume. For example, a large photo of the front of a costume, then a smaller image of the back in the corner, to show off the details. Are pics like that acceptable this year? My costume has a detail that isn't necessarily visible, but most of the better pictures I have don't show that off very well.

A montage is okay but keep in mind that it will detract from the overall impression of that photo (there is still no actual manipulation permitted in your pic). Also, remember that you are free to fill up your build thread with loads of photos from every angle.

Also, does it matter if the photo is from a professional photographer? My favorite photos are by Bodhi Tree Photography and have their logo in the background. Do I have to get a release or anything, due to the contest terms, such as the RPF using pics for promotional purposes?

In all truth that clause is only used so that the admin can post pics on FB and here. I think you're alright as long as you own the rights to the photograph. It doesn't matter who took it. Feel free to ask them though. My guess is that they put their logo in there in the hopes it gets used in this way putting their logo all over the web.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

Jeez, can't believe it has already been a year! Can't wait to see what everyone has to show!

Hi there, I'm a Newbie here, how do i go about getting my thread entered? Costumes not finished but nearly there.
Cheers Simon

I'll be searching the forum for contest threads this week. However if you want to make sure I don't miss it post a link here.

My build thread (with necessary title) is up and I'll be uploading proof pics and some updated build pics in the next few days.

Good luck to everyone!

I have a question. I am not able to just get in and out of my suit it takes a while to get in and out of and i have to have some help. is there a way i can post a progress shot of the suit showing my face and next to it a pic of me holding the RPF sign showing that its me?

I have a question. I am not able to just get in and out of my suit it takes a while to get in and out of and i have to have some help. is there a way i can post a progress shot of the suit showing my face and next to it a pic of me holding the RPF sign showing that its me?

Provided the suit is in the picture with you and the sign you don't have to be wearing it.

ok cool. ill have to head up to the mall tomorrow and take a pic with it. its standing in the window of my friends comic book store on display

I don't know if this question was answered or not but I need to ask for mine just in case. So my husband is a registered member and usually works on his costumes with me but this year he hasn't really. He has in that he pays for all the costumes though lol. As long as he does his own thread for his costume and posts photos of him in progress and talks a bit about the costume is that allowed even though the costume was made by me or does he need to be more involved? There's a chance he may be a part of the embroidery step if we get that far but I'm unsure at the moment.

I don't know if this question was answered or not but I need to ask for mine just in case. So my husband is a registered member and usually works on his costumes with me but this year he hasn't really. He has in that he pays for all the costumes though lol. As long as he does his own thread for his costume and posts photos of him in progress and talks a bit about the costume is that allowed even though the costume was made by me or does he need to be more involved? There's a chance he may be a part of the embroidery step if we get that far but I'm unsure at the moment.

Collaborations are allowed provided you have the permission of the collaborator. In this case it sounds like you're fine. :)

So I accidentally Uploaded picture in last years contest. I fixed it and uploaded the picture to this year BUT I can't figure out how to delete the picture I put in last years contest lol I'm working double shifts lately, Guess I was too tired to read them correctly! PS I plan on taking a picture tonight for my Proof, Just wanted to get everything else done I could today while I could!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back