The RPF 2013 Halloween Costume Contest! JUDGED WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Re: The RPF 2013 Halloween Costume Contest!

I'm in roughly the same boat, would it be okay if it was just the head/horns (which I can do myself) and not the full suit? Putting this on requires at least 2 handlers :-/

As long as you're beside the suit in the picture that should be fine.

I'll add mine, I have Photos from Bryan H Mad/Scientist @ Dragon Con this year and a ton of Wip pics with me in it. Just add sign with me standing next to it were good ?

Thanks

Love this time of the year...

I think the new contest rules will ease a lot of the drama from years past... good luck, everybody!

I'll start adding links to entry threads in the first post later today! If you're afraid I've missed you, post a link to your entry thread here.

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:

Hiya,
It takes ages to put the costume on, but my build progress is well documented in the forum, so can I take the photo, at the computer, holding the mask, hat, pipe etc, to prove it's mine ?

Hiya,
It takes ages to put the costume on, but my build progress is well documented in the forum, so can I take the photo, at the computer, holding the mask, hat, pipe etc, to prove it's mine ?

You can take a photo of yourself with the costume, yes. You do not have to be wearing it as long as I can tell it's the same costume as the one in your other photos. Good luck!

Okay, three questions
1) Do I have to go ahead and have the proof before I submit, or should I do it once the entire thing is complete?
2) I know when you submit the single photo to the gallery, there can be no photo manipulation, but if I intend to have multiple pictures on my build thread, can one of the pictures on my build thread have a manipulated background?
3) The costume does not have to actually be something that is completed already? And if not, let me get this straight, I can use a costume that I have been working on for a few months but is not yet finished yet?
Thanks!

wow, can't enter this year. I didn't take pics of my weathering process and my "source finding" wasn't noteworthy, so I can't really make a build thread this late in the game. Lame.

Okay, three questions

Great questions. :)

1) Do I have to go ahead and have the proof before I submit, or should I do it once the entire thing is complete?

Nope! As long as the proof pic is there by the entry deadline you're good.

2) I know when you submit the single photo to the gallery, there can be no photo manipulation, but if I intend to have multiple pictures on my build thread, can one of the pictures on my build thread have a manipulated background?

You may do whatever you like with the pictures in your thread. Go ahead and be a Photoshop genius!

3) The costume does not have to actually be something that is completed already? And if not, let me get this straight, I can use a costume that I have been working on for a few months but is not yet finished yet?

Yes, you can still be working on the costume and yes, it's okay that you've been working on it for months. To be clear, the costume could even be something that you made 10 years ago provided you can fulfil the other requirements re: the build thread and proof pic.

- - - Updated - - -

wow, can't enter this year. I didn't take pics of my weathering process and my "source finding" wasn't noteworthy, so I can't really make a build thread this late in the game. Lame.

That's a shame, but the rules in that regard are basically the same as they were last year so this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. If you're able to come up with something you're welcome to enter though!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back