3d Foam printing in Toronto Canada?

bumlbee

Calling all Prop Makers,
I am looking to get a Prop robot made based on Frenzy from Transformers ( See first photo )
to display both standing up and jointed to be able to sit in a car
( So would have to bend/pose at his hips/knees/elbows/shoulders/head )
Even if someone could make the parts, I can make the joints to make it work

If it makes things easier I also have a toy that can be 3d Scanned for the body
( see second photo ) but I would like some more detail in the head then the toy has ( Third Photo ) .
The height would be that of an average person, so 5 1/2 to 6 feet tall .
And I would not need it painted , I have an Air Brush Artist who wants to paint him for me .

Lead time would not be a rush I will not require him until early next year ( Jan/Feb ) .

I did try 3D Foam Creations but they are unable to do the job for me .

Any ideas please let me know
Ryan

734081_581479211889613_843530609_n.jpg
1379899_581479175222950_1331126548_n.jpg
1380242_581479185222949_1570812700_n.jpg

It's a pretty intricate model. I suggest getting it 3D printed in abs, not foam, since I'm not sure if that's possible and it would be too weak to hold itself up. You can find someone nearby with a Makerbot (even if it is printed in a lower detail you can use acetone to smooth out the print lines) or something capable of more detail, but it will cost a lot in material (depending on the size). You'll need someone able and willing to model the entire thing to be printed as well, which is going to be tough.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back