Bane Mask (Foam) Gauntlet (Duct Tape) Vest (found parts)

MrPinski

Sr Member
This build was inspired by the thread that Ericqueen put up (http://www.therpf.com/f24/my-2nd-foam-bane-mask-wip-done-162439/) and I tried to replicate it and add a bit of my own to.

The pattern was slightly adjusted (I have a small head) and I think for the next on I would have to adjust the pattern a bit more to make it more accurate.

If you'd like to see every picture I took of my build, I uploaded it to my flickr. (Flickr: MrPinski1's Photostream)

I still need to paint a bit more color into it but I hope you like it. If there are any questions you might have for me, comment and I will try to answer them for ya.

IMG_9198 by MrPinski1, on Flickr

IMG_9199 by MrPinski1, on Flickr

IMG_9200 by MrPinski1, on Flickr

IMG_9201 by MrPinski1, on Flickr

IMG_9202 by MrPinski1, on Flickr

IMG_9203 by MrPinski1, on Flickr

Bane Mask by MrPinski1, on Flickr

You now have my permission to comment. :)

Last edited:
Re: Bane Mask (Foam)

The only metal on the whole mask is at the top. Those little pop rivets are metal. The pipes are all polyurethane. I filled drinking straws with resin and waited for it to cure and used super glue when joining the angles. The whole thing was painted black and the silver is rub n buff.

That's cool man, is it a specific kind of mesh? I just made mine from a bit of abs and make the holes with a soldering iron.

I got this for a Bane mask that never ended up materializing. Its yours if you want it, just pay the postage.

I made a gauntlet to go with my fit. It is made from duct tape and covered in some thin leather from a pair of second hand leather pants, perimeter stitched with a quick stitch sewing awl and the straps are made from an old cotton belt that holds with velcro.

I know it's not screen accurate but I like it. Hope you guys do too.

1381581_658871064137364_586582636_n by MrPinski1, on Flickr

1384158_659169584107512_287905750_n by MrPinski1, on Flickr

Re: Bane Mask (Foam) and Gauntlet (Duct Tape)

bane.jpg
My bane this weekend at WonderCon in Anaheim CA

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back