knight lautrec of carim DARK SOULS build.

J Scorn

Sr Member
hello party people,

back again after ALOT of commission builds, time to show some gear off me thinks. heres a project i started this summer. its from the game dark souls. DSC_3050.jpg

DSC_3051.jpg DSC_3050.jpg

i creaated the frame from card, 3x thicker than cereal box card, and free-hand the design from stills as a refereance point. the 'real' helmet will differ from the CGI one as im planning to mak the faceplate open outwards. so the plate at this point isnt fixed to the helmet. its covered in resin and 'plastic padding' ready for detailing.

- - - Updated - - -

DSC_3051.jpg DSC_3050.jpg

i creaated the frame from card, 3x thicker than cereal box card, and free-hand the design from stills as a refereance point. the 'real' helmet will differ from the CGI one as im planning to mak the faceplate open outwards. so the plate at this point isnt fixed to the helmet. its covered in resin and 'plastic padding' ready for detailing.

DSC_3059.jpg

time to be brave and cut the eye holes out. unlike the game version, its necessary to cut the holes much bigger to allow the wearer to see out of the helmet.

cheers gents, lets hit some progress pics!!

DSC_3045.jpg so now the sections angle has slightly changed naturally the 2 moving parts will not fit, plus the angle of the curve, so here comes so steady hand work as i fix the gap and allow maximum movement.

DSC_3044.jpg and now both hinges work, they are both double hinged. so it opens in front and then to the sides. they sit back and are held to the sides using hidden magnets located on the inside near the ears.

yeah the mech' that opens at the front made it alittle tricky to get the angle to open and over come the curve without a massive gap, but it worked spot on.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back