Screen-Used Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie Weapons (Photos Inside)

mikeymike

Cowabunga, dudes! I thought I'd share these recent finds with you folks. First up has always been my personal holy grail: Mikey's hero pair of nunchaku.
9941373783_855eea73b7_c.jpg
9925049956_3c32ccda86_c.jpg
9925046726_7e3b7d7fb3_c.jpg
9925087554_a80c492e19_c.jpg
9925024495_2562ab7b99_c.jpg
9925089504_fc5b526ba4_c.jpg
9925048776_326c1483a8_c.jpg
9925047546_fc44f6d4c9_c.jpg
They're 12”, made of solid wood, and the cords are leather. They show a substantial amount of wear, and appear to be lighter in color than the ones seen in the sequel (for comparison: Signed Nunchuku), which makes me believe they're from the original movie. Next is Leo's hero pair of katana that can be seen at the beginning of the sequel during the mall fight.
9941141224_1a5c28955b_c.jpg
9925054826_696f2e5ef6_c.jpg
9925199823_6c9d2a5951_c.jpg
9925095744_0cf636a9a8_c.jpg
9925055956_14a38fc694_c.jpg
9925097814_7191b6f167_c.jpg
They measure 33" in length. The dull blades and hand guards are aluminum. The wooden hilts are wrapped in leather. TMNT II's prop master originally sold these weapons (along with Raph's sai and Donnie's bo) on eBay in 2000. After speaking with the prop master last month, I learned that only three weapon sets were created for the first two films (and Planet Hollywood has one). He called these particular weapons “the best.” They came with his original letter of authenticity and a second hand-typed letter, plus even the USPS packaging that he mailed back in 2000. To see larger versions of these photos and some rare continuity Polaroids that were also included in the package, click below: Flickr: NinjaRap's Photostream

Last edited:
HELL YES!!! I've been wanting to see these up close for forever. Nice detective work!

Any luck finding/getting the bo and/or sai pics? This is a full weapon set I MUST replicate. :thumbsup

Can you clarify why you described Leo's swords as "non-serrated"? I've never heard of a katana being serrated, so it seems strange to specify that these are not serrated.

pinder91: The sai and bo from this set were also found. They were purchased by two other Turtle fans. You can see all four weapons displayed together here: TMNT Movie Props - Imgur red4: I was trying to point out that the blades are safe and dull, meaning you can't hurt anyone with them. I edited my original post a little to hopefully clarify that.

I feel like I'm 6 years old again (in a good way, of course). Thanks for sharing these. I think I just might need to make replicas of all of them someday.

This is awesome! Looked high and low for these shots. Nice work. I'm making my own TMNT costume right now and my swords aren't too far off from Leo's. I'm going with a combination of first movie, comic, and cartoon as I couldn't decide what was the "official" sword design.
Sword.jpg

Wow, I remember buying a 3ft aluminum ruler and cutter and making Leo's sword. These pics bring back memories to such a great movie. I am surprise no one has tried to make these. They look really simple. Thanks for posting these.

The First TMNT movie kicks ass!

I could never find too much in the way of props and costumes for this flick. Just the occasional BTS photo or maybe a ooze canister in a private collection. This is such an amazing revelation!

What is the story on that big shadow box with all the weapons mounted? Was this the arrangement that the original propmaster had before selling them off? I love the concept. Might be fun to recerate this set up with replicas.

Are there more pics of the Sais and staff around?

Again way cool thread. Very jealous!

The First TMNT movie kicks ass!

I could never find too much in the way of props and costumes for this flick. Just the occasional BTS photo or maybe a ooze canister in a private collection. This is such an amazing revelation!

What is the story on that big shadow box with all the weapons mounted? Was this the arrangement that the original propmaster had before selling them off? I love the concept. Might be fun to recerate this set up with replicas.

Are there more pics of the Sais and staff around?

Again way cool thread. Very jealous!

TMNT props certainly aren't easy to come by, but they do pop up here and there. If you're interested in seeing what else I've found throughout the years, you can check out more of my collection at The Unofficial Ninja Rap Page: Go Ninja Go Ninja Go!.

The prop master had nothing to do with the shadow box. The display was put together by a previous owner to show off the weapons.

As for more photos, the new owner of the sai posted a picture here:
The Technodrome Forums - View Single Post - Original movies props/costumes whereabouts?

On a related note, I'm about to go out for a pizza. :D

Morning all!

I just got this back from the framing shop, and thought I'd post a couple of pics in here. I was lucky enough to work with Mike and score Donatello's bo staff. :cool Here are some pics....I'll take some better ones a little later. Definitely my holy grail piece!

WP_20140201_009_zps5648876d.jpg~original

WP_20140201_007_zps3ee33887.jpg~original

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back