D.C.'s Gotham tv series

Dude there's bad, than there's Gotham. It's almost like 2 shows in one. The first is a weird little boy (Wayne) who likes to question everything while always being filmed in only one or two rooms of his house, who listens to death metal while doodling and bossing Alfred around. The whole time Gordon is swinging from this little boy's nuts, its almost boarder line creepy. Then there's the other part of the show that they throw anything and everything at the wall to see what sticks. When you see the penguin on the screen, you will hear a minimum of 15 references of "the penguin". Same with every other villain they are trying to cram in an hour.

The only saving grace to this trainwreck of a show is Donal Logue, but unfortunately even he can't save this mess.

Now if you pretend that this isn't Batman at all and all the names are just a big coincidence then you're left with a cheesy drama that should be on the CW at best.

Pretty much what the commercials left me with... What a waste of money then...

At least i have Supernatural and SHIELD to watch :)

I personally really like the show. I also have to realize that whatever flaws that I think it has.. well it's only on 3 episodes so.. I'd give it more time to sort out things and become a more developed show to actually have a concrete opinion about it.

Ermergerd It's like the werrrssst.
But no, personally really enjoying it. Seems to have potential and liking the fan nods. Much better start than Agents of SHIELD imho.

I wonder if the mask the Balloonman was wearing was suppose to be a homage to Professor Pyg. Seems a shame to waste him as I imagine Prof Pyg would have been quite a cool character for Gotham.

gotham3.jpg1012023-pyg_12.jpg

We're two episodes in at my home and I can't help but roll my eyes every time a villain is on screen. It's like they're clubbing you over the head with the references.
Yes, he's the ****ing Riddler. We get it. If they had played it a little more subtly it would have gone over so much better, but damn. An audience hates being treated like they don't know anything.

Something has been bothering me about this show : is it supposed to be in present time ? It looks like it's in the mid 90's if you look at the cars, the writing machines, some people's clothes but next to that you got cellphones a bit too modern for the 90's although no smartphones at all. I don't recall seeing any computer so far either. Weird.

I've wondered about that myself. They seem to be setting it in the late 90s or early 2000s. I first thought about this after noticing old style CRTs on the desks in the police station.

It seems like it's set in the 90's, but I think they are trying to achieve that timeless look that BTAS had. Kind of a mix of modern and retro styling.

The following nitpicking should not be taken to mean I'm not enjoying the show - I like it a lot.

That said, how did Nigma know that the second councilman had been stabbed, when his corpse was still in the barrel?

And Penguin left his fingerprints on both the cannoli box and the doorknob. Even I'm smarter than that.

And not a nitpick, but I wonder who hired the assassin, and wonder if it was the mayor himself...

Enjoying the show quite a bit more than I expected actually. If the writing's not as great, I can still say the acting is phenomenal. Robin Lord Taylor (Penguin) is especially fantastic, and I would watch the show solely for him. Can't neglect Harvey and Gordon either though. They're great as well.

Side note: if any of ya'lls watch America's Best Dance Crew, Selina Kyle was a member of the runner up crew, 8 Flavahz. Absolutely amazing dancer, but actor? Not so much...

Still on the fence about this show, but I like the somewhat comic bookish drug, shows they're maybe not afraid to put supernatural elements in the future. The city itself is also fantastic, every skyline shot looks like it's from the comics.

I thought last night episode was very good, if predictable (come on... a drug that enhances physical strength and makes the skin all veiny? It was a foregone conclusion that it was a predecessor to Venom).

Good to see Bruce learning the intellectual side of being Batman. Nearly every incarnation focuses exclusively on his physical training while ignoring that all-too-important aspect. When Bruce was at that charity luncheon and that woman was talking to him like a kid, it was great to see him knock her back on her proverbial heels when he showed her that he knew what he was talking about and insisted on meeting the board.

It was also good to see Alfred and Bruce becoming the partners we know they will be later in life and the intimation of how indispensable Alfred will become to Bruce later.

Anyone else think that Selina's broad daylight pickpocketing of that one guy was all a ploy to get Gordon's attention? Her grab was waaaay too obvious and slow for her level of pickpocketing expertise. If it hadn't have been for that robbery by the Viper'd up guitar player, I think she might have had something important to say to him.

The more I see of Gotham, the more I am convinced that it incorporates the timeless look of BTAS, with that mix of new tech and retro styling.

The more I see of Gotham, the more I am convinced that it incorporates the timeless look of BTAS, with that mix of new tech and retro styling.

I watched a special on iTunes that said pretty much this very thing. They were going for a combination of old and new so that there was no definitive timeframe. This was incorporated in everything, including the police station set. It was an interesting show.

Alright, maybe it's been mentioned somewhere in this thread so save me the hunt if so...

What time frame is this show operating in? Every TV and monitor is a CRT and the cell phones look about 10 years retro.

None of that really answers a thing. I was mainly curious if anything official had been noted by the writers, show runner, etc. I get that they've said it's a cross between the old and the new. Again, nothing specific there; pretty vague. That may be indeed be the way the want to play it.

I'm rather hoping it's the excuse they need to jump forward a few years every season.

So I'm the only one around here still watching this? :D

Oh well. It was amusing having Jeffrey Combs in the role he was playing. Especially since they already introduced a character named Lovecraft.

Fish is a brutally practical woman.

Loving the corporate intrigue going on. Looks like some of Wayne Enterprises' board of directors are gunning for young Bruce. Poor Alfred, though.

Fish is indeed brutally practical, and I love it. It really shows what kind of criminal she is, and that is one that you do not threaten because she's completely unpredictable. She did make her point, though. Also, it was nice to see Jeffrey Combs back in a role reminiscent of his Re-Animator days.

Anyone else get a pseudo-creepy vibe off of Barbara when dealing with Selina and Ivy?

Penguin once again shows that he has a long way to go truly become a criminal mastermind. I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop with Butch.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back