D.C.'s Gotham tv series

Re: D.C.'s Gotham City tv series

Its obvious that DC is following in the successful footsteps of Marvel. Now I am I complaining, pppsssh heck no! I love all the comic book film/tv going on and can't wait to check out Gotham. I wonder what kind of rouge gallery will show up, the could do a badass Killer Croc

Interesting that fox are making the show. Wonder if this could have been part of a deal made towards warners getting rights/some to the Adam west series

Its obvious that DC is following in the successful footsteps of Marvel. Now I am I complaining, pppsssh heck no! I love all the comic book film/tv going on and can't wait to check out Gotham. I wonder what kind of rouge gallery will show up, the could do a badass Killer Croc

I don't think they're quite following Marvel's footsteps since the most recent "Agents of SHIELD" is a part of the film franchise where as Arrow, Superman, The Dark Knight and this series will all take place in their own unique universe with no connection to each other.

Also, I already have a series that's focused on Gotham cops and it's called "Gotham Central". That series wasn't just about Commissioner Gordon as it was about all the other cops who were actually trying to do some good in a corrupt and brutal city that looks up to the masked vigilantes more than they do their own law enforcement. The only thing that will probably come from this series is that Gordon is the only good cop on the force and he'll be the only person in the entire city who can do anything right. I guess the only good thing that can come out of this is that the posters won't feature a ripped, shirtless and scarred Gordon staring lifelessly to whatever is in front of him.

So unless this series incorporates Renee Montoya into the mix as one of the good cops of Gotham, I will probably have no interest in this series. Last time they tried to include a female cop who fit the profile to Renee Montoya pretty well, they turned her into a crooked cop who was responsible for the death of another female main character. I still haven't forgiven DC for that.

I read that it was the origin story of Commissioner Gordon. Which i thought we'd gotten through nolan's flicks already....

They said no batman, but some origins of some villains...

Fox's Gotham TV series is going to be Batman: The High School Years
Enjoy Batman's Teen Years. This concept art is from a previous project, which I won't be surprised if becomes the inspiration for the show.

Right after the casting announcement of Michael Douglas for Ant-Man I came across the following tweet. Sums up the gravitas Marvel takes with their various properties versus DC's safe and mundane approach.

11945440456_73862d6cf8_o.png

Maybe this is all speculation and it will indeed be inspired by the Gotham Central comics.

i read the gotham high **** yesterday, but thought, this is not even worth a post on the rpf. thats how bad i think it is

Yeah, today's article said that it starts with Wayne at 12 years of age and will end with him donning the suit. Just don't follow smallville's route and drag the suit part out 3-4 years longer than they should.

Also, younger versions of some villains....oy.

Starts with Detective Gordon.

Exactly what type of 'Batman' things can a 12 year old do? Is going to use the grappling gun and early concept batarangs to steal his english test?

Nothing coming out sounding promising at this point.

This entire thing sounds like a bad idea. I could see have him being 17 or 18 but this is basically a pg version of Arkham origins.

That is supposed to be before AO even took place, years before. No batman yet, no masked criminals yet either, just gangs mafia and corruption.
Looks interesting but I don't understand why they did not tie this to the DCU. Makes no sense to me, and kinda make the series useless.

That is supposed to be before AO even took place, years before. No batman yet, no masked criminals yet either, just gangs mafia and corruption.
Looks interesting but I don't understand why they did not tie this to the DCU. Makes no sense to me, and kinda make the series useless.

Maybe on the off-chance that they do insert Batman into Arrow/Flash universe they want him to actually be Batman? Gotham City's Bruce won't be there until Arrow's off the air.

Plus you know, competing networks. Good luck having crossovers between shows running on the CW and FOX.

And they didn't when Buffy moved to UPN.

End of the day, Gotham City won't feature Batman, so what'd be the point of connecting it with the CW shows?

With the CW shows not much, but with the DC movie universe, that would have given some background to Batfleck's Gotham, and some kind of origins story to perhaps some vilains we will see in a future Batfleck solo. This way we jump right on the middle of his career, no extended introductions to the other characters in his movie, if you want to know more about them, you can simply watch the show.
Same could work with Arrow, if they could connect it with the JL movie, they can have him do his thing in the movie, and if people like him, they can go watch the show, if they don't, that's the end of it and WB doesn't waste money on an Arrow movie either.

With the CW shows not much, but with the DC movie universe, that would have given some background to Batfleck's Gotham, and some kind of origins story to perhaps some vilains we will see in a future Batfleck solo. This way we jump right on the middle of his career, no extended introductions to the other characters in his movie, if you want to know more about them, you can simply watch the show.
Same could work with Arrow, if they could connect it with the JL movie, they can have him do his thing in the movie, and if people like him, they can go watch the show, if they don't, that's the end of it and WB doesn't waste money on an Arrow movie either.

I'm not really sure how this would work or if it could work with a theoretical DCU. BvS is an old beaten up wise batman. 'Gotham' purports itelf to be the batman version of smallville with batman starting out as Bruce at the age of 12... And at the age of 12, he's getting acquainted with (already) gordon, the joker, penguin, etc? Plus, they've said that you won't see batman til the series finale' and then it's likely to the lame shot you got at the end of smallvile - barely seeing it at all.

Seems like the backstory has to get a ful re-write to make this work.

I'm hoping that the bruce wayne we see on the show won't get acquainted with anybody else personally other than Gordon maybe, and only because of the murder of his parents. I sure as hell hope they don't go the smallville way with bruce, he should not do anything batmanesque other than start training maybe, and start thinking about the batman. That way it could fit with Batfleck somehow.
But it would definitely not work indeed if they go the smallville road.
At least Arrow time frame and story would work, so I'm still hoping they at least connect this to the movie universe.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back