Survivor: Blood vs. Water

I'm pulling for Natalie. She's the only castaway remotely deserving.

Way to go, Nat, for blindsiding that arrogant boob last week.

The Wook

All Jon's visualization for naught. Earlier in the season, Jaclyn commented how it never works out for him no matter how much he visualized the end result. Great blind side.

Smart play is to break up Missy and Bailey right away.

I agree with others that Natalie is much more likable now than on Amazing Race. Probably has to do with her being away from her sister. I'm pulling for her or Keith.

The right person won. Listening to Missy and Jaclyn's pleas for ownership of the game were pathetic. Just shut up and vote for Natalie, my mind kept screaming.

What I did like is that the usual 'everyone on the jury is ticked they got voted off' attitude was almost entirely absent. They played the game, they understood that is is a game, and for the most part they weren't butt-hurt when they left. Probst didn't like it as it wasn't 'dramatic' enough but w've had nearly thirty seasons of that, I'm over it.

It was a weak season, lacking in stand out characters.
I would like to see them shake up the gameplay and lose the 'alliances' aspect.

Natalie was an amazing social player. She was able to keep people liking her and understanding her reasoning even though she continually blindsided them, their loved ones and her own alliance. Not very many people can pull that off.

As much as I was not a fan of Missy, when Reed went after her like he did, I thought it was a bit much and not necessary... and poor Baylor. It was impressive how Missy held it together - I wouldn't have been able to if I saw my kid crying over it. Missy and Reed didn't have many disagreements on the island, except when he went after Baylor for being a brat (which is what he sounded like when he said it) and she wasn't that much of a monster, compared to other seasons. It's normal and natural to take care of your loved one - they were ALL doing it... and Reed was one of those who were not rationing the food, so for him to complain about Missy and Baylor is laughable. To single her out for looking after Baylor seemed to me more a desire to show off his skills with poetry and zing than anything he seriously needed to blow off steam.

But then, to try to defend what he said by saying he stood by it because it was just about how she was in the game and not as a person - weak and he seemed to just glory in the applause than to be a kind 'christian example'. She's sitting right there explaining how she has been a step-mother... how it felt personal because of that and even if he didn't mean it as a personal attack, he showed no concern at all for how it was taken. He came off as a very mean-spirited, arrogant person... in and out of the game.

Keith looked pretty shook up at the reunion a couple of times - and didn't really articulate why. It was good to hear from his wife and hilarious how he is teased about 'stick with the plan'. haha! He's got a good sense of humor

Jaclyn looks SO different with make up on. Wow.

I noticed there were about 6 people who didn't get to say anything. I expect that of Julie, since she quit, but did they really not have any time to fit in one or two questions for the others? Just seems weird.

Next season's twist sounds interesting. I'd be in the free-spirited group for sure. *heh*

Natalie was an amazing social player. She was able to keep people liking her and understanding her reasoning even though she continually blindsided them, their loved ones and her own alliance. Not very many people can pull that off.

As much as I was not a fan of Missy, when Reed went after her like he did, I thought it was a bit much and not necessary... and poor Baylor. It was impressive how Missy held it together - I wouldn't have been able to if I saw my kid crying over it. Missy and Reed didn't have many disagreements on the island, except when he went after Baylor for being a brat (which is what he sounded like when he said it) and she wasn't that much of a monster, compared to other seasons. It's normal and natural to take care of your loved one - they were ALL doing it... and Reed was one of those who were not rationing the food, so for him to complain about Missy and Baylor is laughable. To single her out for looking after Baylor seemed to me more a desire to show off his skills with poetry and zing than anything he seriously needed to blow off steam.

But then, to try to defend what he said by saying he stood by it because it was just about how she was in the game and not as a person - weak and he seemed to just glory in the applause than to be a kind 'christian example'. She's sitting right there explaining how she has been a step-mother... how it felt personal because of that and even if he didn't mean it as a personal attack, he showed no concern at all for how it was taken. He came off as a very mean-spirited, arrogant person... in and out of the game.

Keith looked pretty shook up at the reunion a couple of times - and didn't really articulate why. It was good to hear from his wife and hilarious how he is teased about 'stick with the plan'. haha! He's got a good sense of humor

Jaclyn looks SO different with make up on. Wow.

I noticed there were about 6 people who didn't get to say anything. I expect that of Julie, since she quit, but did they really not have any time to fit in one or two questions for the others? Just seems weird.

Next season's twist sounds interesting. I'd be in the free-spirited group for sure. *heh*

I came here to post all my thoughts about the finale and reunion show, but again, you Julia have saved me the trouble of writing out a few paragraphs. After reading your post, well, I couldn't have said it better myself. lol

It's weird, I do recall a few times over the years where our opinions have diverged (eg: Russell Hantz...lol), but seriously, I'd bet that I agree with 19 out of every 20 points you make. Are you a fire sign?? Sag, I'm guessin'. :)

Congratz to Natalie for a well-deserved win!

The Wook

I hate the fact that the votes aren't even counted until nearly a quarter-after......well into what they call the reunion show, giving themselves only a half hour of show after commercials. That's not much to get anything out of most of them in between the highlights, family meetings, and the previews. They sometimes don't even have time for the token question of 'what has happened to you since filming'.

However, I'm really thankful they don't do that stupid tribute to the fallen during the last episode where they remember all the contestants who have been voted out.

I came here to post all my thoughts about the finale and reunion show, but again, you Julia have saved me the trouble of writing out a few paragraphs. After reading your post, well, I couldn't have said it better myself. lol

It's weird, I do recall a few times over the years where our opinions have diverged (eg: Russell Hantz...lol), but seriously, I'd bet that I agree with 19 out of every 20 points you make. Are you a fire sign?? Sag, I'm guessin'. :)

Congratz to Natalie for a well-deserved win!

The Wook

Ha! That's funny.

However, I'm really thankful they don't do that stupid tribute to the fallen during the last episode where they remember all the contestants who have been voted out.

Agree! That was a good cut.

Sigh.... Natalie (and her sister) were horribly slimey as well as incredibly annoying on the Amazing Race and it was brutal to have to watch them not once, but twice on that show and now this. However this show was custom made for her so it is no surprise that she won. I will give her credit that the move she made near the end, getting Missy out, was a good move. Aside from that... big "meh" season for me. Maybe I am just over this show. :(

And ugh.... I AM done. I am not watching next season. I am not interested in watching that crap at all. Such a lame premise that smacks of desperation.

However this show was custom made for her so it is no surprise that she won.

How so? I never watched the Amazing Race, so I only saw her on this. I was pretty impressed with her ability to keep people thinking she was on their side constantly, even when she was plotting against them. So many people give someone a bad vibe as soon as they are against them.

Sneaky bakstabber.

How so? I never watched the Amazing Race, so I only saw her on this. I was pretty impressed with her ability to keep people thinking she was on their side constantly, even when she was plotting against them. So many people give someone a bad vibe as soon as they are against them.

I had no problem with her winning. Personally, I was hoping for Keith to make it, but since he went out Natalie was my second choice.

Actually all I was hoping for was for Jacklyn to pull the old "I'll take my clothes off for peanut butter" trick... but alas---

How so? I never watched the Amazing Race, so I only saw her on this. I was pretty impressed with [Natalie's] ability to keep people thinking she was on their side constantly, even when she was plotting against them. So many people give someone a bad vibe as soon as they are against them.

Not only that, but Natalie seems to possess an innate, rare ability to betray allies and retain their favor. A couple others in the show's history had this gift, Boston Rob comes to mind first. Russell, my pick for best player of all time, I'll concede does not share this gift. Don't misunderstand, I'm not even remotely putting Natalie's game on par with legends like Hantz and Mariano. But still, she was clearly the best this season, and I'm glad she won.

Do you remember when a rat scurried up to Natalie's feet in TC one night, causing her to squeal, "THERE'S A RAT, THERE'S A RAT!"? It happened moments before she betrayed and blindsided Baylor. Fitting, was it not?

The Wook

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back