Survivor: Blood vs. Water

Guri

Sr Member
So who's going to watch this season?

I sort of feel bad, but all the crying is cracking me up. I wonder if it'll last and end up like the episodes when they get letters and videos from loved ones only it's EVERY SINGLE DAY!

I'm glad it's redemption island and I don't mind the returning loved ones, and I'm glad to see Cat and Rupert back. Not so much Colton.... and maybe it's because of him that I do not trust his loved one at all.

I think his boyfriend (forget his name) threw the challenge and Colton knew it and that's why he cried afterward.

Also, I'm not pleased Marissa was voted out! She has such a great personality and so smart. Really showed up Jervis.

And Rupert - such a sweet pirate. His wife seems cool too.

I do enjoy the concept of the loved ones being on on other team. If your teams wins your loved one just might go home.

Watching Colton is ......argh......painful. But perhaps the only source of drama. If he leaves it might get a tad boring, but we have a long way to go.

This season is going to be epic!

Colton already snapped at Kat during the immunity challenge while "trying" to row the boat. Didn't take much for the "real" Colton to surface.

Really hoping Rupert doesn't go home!

Kevin

I'm in of course - have a great survivor pool going at work. I like the format for this season and it didn't surprise me to see Rupert do what he did, but I honestly don't think he will stick around long this season unfortunately :(

Love it so far. Rupert did what I figured he'd do when offered that choice.. but it doesn't make it easier knowing he has a heck of a fight ahead of him if he's gonna get back into this. Can't wait for the inevitable Colton hilarity to continue! After the whole.. "my maiiiddd..*snickers*" thing last time, I just.. wow.. never have I wanted to reach through the screen so badly and smack someone in my life.. :)

Gervasse all but costs his team the challenge then jumps around talking trash like an idiot after the puzzle solvers bailed him out. Very interested to see if he's smart enough to recognize that his reaction was the reason his family member was voted out. Good early result for the new format.

I felt the other husband looked foolish for not stepping in for his wife after Rupert did. I'd be in the doghouse for a long time if I did that!

Was momentarily moved by Colton's confessional and crying then he tells Kat he's going to hit her with the paddle! Previews look like he hasn't changed and that we did see the real Colton last time around.

Looking forward to the rest of the season.

our dvr goofed, didn't start recording.
My wife was channel surfing and came across it (we knew it was starting, but life has been busy).

We paid no attention to the cast this year after last year's fiasco, we admit, burnout on Survivor was setting in.

We were a half hour late into the show and a few minutes in, when we saw Colton - our channel changed.
We absolutely will not watch this show if that little punk and his foul mouth are on it.

CBS' forums were simply just lit up when he was on the first time with anti-Colton threads - people were dead serious, not just teenie-bopper unjustified hate speech....but real people, with real rationale, making valuable points.

Sad that CBS wants drama and re-cast him this year.

I felt the other husband looked foolish for not stepping in for his wife after Rupert did. I'd be in the doghouse for a long time if I did that!

The only thing that saved him in my eyes was that his wife was the one who already had the Survivor experience and if I was in her position I would want my husband to stay and have the better shot to stay and have his turn at playing. I would have said it loud and clear so that everyone knew it was my decision and my reasons, though because it did make him look bad after Rupert's instantaneous jumping at the chance to 'save' his wife.

I stopped watching it as soon as they showed all the people in it. I have no interest in any of those people, ESPECIALLY that Colton guy. Why they would put someone with his views back on a show to win money is beyond me. I wish all these shows would quit putting on people that have already been on the show.

I would have said it loud and clear so that everyone knew it was my decision and my reasons, though because it did make him look bad after Rupert's instantaneous jumping at the chance to 'save' his wife.

It's probably my old-fashioned nature but he needed to put up more of a fight for his wife, previous Survivor experience or not.

You're right that she could have made it easier on him with a "loud and clear" statement. Either way, I do not think that he chose wisely.

It's a new season of Survivor and the better half and I are in!

After one episode I am lukewarm about the new format. I tend to enjoy a more "pure" playing experience where contestants play their individual game within the larger social context of their tribe. I've never been too crazy about the redemption angle. When a guy/gal is voted out, they're out. End of game.
The Blood v Water format of players potentially being voted out because of something done on another team is.."meh"... It has widened the net of game play to include personality conflicts and actions which an individual player cannot control. Not sure how much I like that. It is an odd type of individual/team play to include players not directly on your team!
It gives new meaning to the theory of having a Strategy of No Strategy.

Obviously Coulton is still a twerp. His little hissy fit on the boat was hilarious. I'd be shocked (but not really) if he lasts more than a few weeks.

Of all the returning players I was least impressed that they chose Colton. My guess is he will wind up medi-evac'd, or if we are lucky, just quit on his own.

I hate the fact that they brought Colton back. I know they love to have a "villain" because that makes for good ratings, but he's probably the most despicable player in the history of the show and I'm rooting for him to fail miserably!

These new dynamics might be interesting (or not). At this point it doesn't seem that the winners of the challenge have realized that by winning, your loved one might get voted out. This should come into play on the next episode anfter the Jervase (sp) deal. Other than that factor I don't really see why anyone would give less in the challenges. During family game night, did you ever not play to the best of your ability just to let your sister win? Granted, this is not family game night and it's for a million bucks, but you get the idea.

At the merge--that's when things will either get very good or very bad. Obviously, everyone is going to ally with their loved ones. Previous alliances may be kept but everyone is going to say "Let's bring in my loved one, he/she is totally trustworthy." That could get interesting when the back stabbing starts. Stabbing me in the back is one thing, but stab my loved ones in the back and you are in for a world of hurt...from me!!

Could be very exciting or it could completely fizzle. Once the merge comes and loved ones are back together, it's obviously going to turn into families aligning with other families against the same.

I said this to my wife: in every "reality" show like Survivor or Big Brother, there ends up being a power couple that the group will want to break up (as power couples tend to have great strength to carry to the end).

Except now the whole island is made up of power couples! :lol

Kevin

With the loved ones being there, the entire game is turned on its head. I really like this twist.

Totally agree. I like the added twist of trying to think a step ahead as to whether or not the loved one will switch.

Gervasse is definitely rubbing me the wrong way. Marissa was there because of him and, given the chance to bail her out for his antics, he tells her to "take care of her business." I think his desire to "rub more salt in the wounds" will bite him sooner rather than later.

Gervasse is definitely rubbing me the wrong way. Marissa was there because of him and, given the chance to bail her out for his antics, he tells her to "take care of her business." I think his desire to "rub more salt in the wounds" will bite him sooner rather than later.

I agree about Gervasse, Marissa shows him up in class and brains a thousand fold. I really hope she stays for a while because I enjoy her honesty and boldness.

Crank- Wouldn't that be nice... :(

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back