Obi-Wan ANH Costume Bladed Lightsaber: Video

Right. up. my. alley. This....I'm doing this hahaha

My only question is how..to attach a PVC tube to the grenade neck/cone/emitter setup..I see a set screw on the side of the emitter. Picture 71.png

Very cool! The white/blue reflection it gives off looks just like Obi Wan's blade in the original movie.

Where did you find the retro reflective material? If you don't mind me asking

That is the single most badass idea and effect I've seen in a long time! Kudos to you and I'm stealing this idea if you don't mind!!! lol

Is this just a smaller Cone (To compensate for the thickness of the tube) ?

My brain was coming up with all these elaborate schemes, and I couldn't quite picture them. I'm a visual person, sorry haha

So sick! This is the way to go for any fan flics. It could save tons of special effects time. Well done!

For the blade I cut a piece of 1/2inch PVC pipe to 36 inches.

Then I used a 3 foot long 3/8 16 threaded rod and 3 lock nuts to attach everything. I ran the threaded rod down the grenade neck and secured it with a lock nut on both sides. Then I put a lock nut on the very end of the threaded rod away from the grenade at the end of the blade.

The lock nuts are square and 'just' fit inside the PVC pipe. I put the emitter down over the grenade neck and pulled the PVC blade over the lock nuts all the way down to the top of the neck. The set screw you see is just holding the emitter to the blade.

I didn't want to spend much money and if I make another one I'll probably buy a 1/2inch blade from a saber shop because it will be lighter then the PVC and steel threaded rod. I just wanted to make something quick and cheap, version 2 will be better.

OB3-vi.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back