Agent Carter

Re: Marvel Developing ‘Agent Carter’ TV Series

I like the suggestion I'd read somewhere else, that they do one or two 'flashback' episodes during the seasons of 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'. It'd give them the opportunity to test some waters & expand the mythology of the universe, without trying to keep interest & ratings for a regular series. I think a few episodes with Carter, Dum Dum Dugan, & some of the other Commandos would be a great 'sweeps' tactic. They could even fill in some back story for Winter Soldier without weighing down the movie with alot of exposition.

A period series involving the Howling Commandos and what happens to them after Bucky "dies" and Steve "disappears" would be awesome. I bet both SHIELD and Agent Carter are going to be used to introduce tidbits for the Netflix series for Daredevil, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, etc. though.

(Random: As I was typing this message, I noticed my next client contact I have to call is someone named Peggy Rogers. haha)

Re: Marvel Developing ‘Agent Carter’ TV Series

Nice to see the early conflict with HYDRA.
Interesting to see Zola's story unfold.
Great possibilities.

Only was able to watch E1 last night, will watch E2 tonight but WOW!
Love all the new spy toys and the visit to the Project Rebirth file.

I thought it was a little campy almost hokey at times, but I was actually expecting that since its a period show. All in all, I liked it, although all the Captain America flashbacks was almost a bit too much

I really enjoyed it. I liked that they used the chauvinistic attitude that was portrayed towards her, as that is probably the way it really was at the time.....not that I agree with it, but it was pretty bad for women back then, I'm sure.

I'm glad they did not try to make it all PC.

Last edited:
Saw this last night and also loved it straight away. Very much looking forward to seeing how this develops especially with a female, and a Brit lead character.

Had a good period feel, with some interesting gadgets.

I thought this was a great debut. Much better than the first couple "Agents of SHIELD" episodes.

Absolutely agree with this statement. Although Agent of SHIELD has certainly come into its own this season.

I gotta say, Peggy Carter is certainly easy on the eyes.

I really enjoyed it. I liked that they used the chauvinistic attitude that was portrayed towards her, as that is probably the way it really was at the time.....not that I agree with it, but it was pretty bad for women back then, I'm sure.

I'm glad they did not try to make it all PC.

If they had tried to make it PC, I would have shut it off immediately. Part of the allure of having an Agent Carter series is not just the toys, gadgets, and spy work, but also how a very capable female agent like Peggy Carter handles things even though 1940's post-WWII society demands that she assume a woman's role. I especially like the grace with which she handles the casual chauvinism and assumption that she can't do things because she's a woman. She doesn't vocalize her displeasure like a modern day feminazi would (yes, I understand the irony of using that particular word), but she does take actions that are against the expected norm, such as forwarding the phone calls to the briefing room so she could sit in on the meeting.

To be honest, I think that while Peggy gets her fair share of chauvinism from the guys she works with, it's Sousa who gets most of the insensitivity. This is a guy who lost his leg in WWII in combat, and they poke fun at him for being disabled, constantly pushing on him that, because he is missing a leg, he is somehow inferior to them. I can see the two of them becoming partners during the show, and I'd lay even money that he is the husband that she was talking about in the 1950's interview shown in Captain America: The Winter Soldier at the Captain America exhibit.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back