Mercury Men - Lumiere Pistol Gun PROP BUILD - 2013

Harada357

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I found the Mercury Men Series on the Web a few years ago and LOVED IT !! The series is simple yet complex. Beautifully polished. Exceptional use of resources and a fine example of an independent artistic masterpiece ! A dedicated group of artists brought together a fine and entertaining series on a budget.

For those who don't know about the series - The Mercury Men - Main

For the rest of us: I loved the simplicity of design, the RETRO 1950's style - and the AWESOMENESS of converting a common airsoft pistol into a not so common prop for my collection. Screen caps of the pistol prop:
TheMercuryMen-TheMercuryMenTrailer507.jpg

mercury-men-banner.jpg

GORDON

1273jhggb7686.jpg

Last edited:
I test fitted the parts - sanded some areas to make sure the Cylinder would swing open freely and the Airsoft mechanism would still function. Epoxy - hold - wait - repeat:

Glued 1 DSC_0019.jpg

Glued 2 DSC_0020.jpg

Glued 3 Functional  DSC_0020.jpg

Glued functional 2 DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

So Far so good

Basic Pistol put together. Needs filler, Bondo, sanding, primer and a detail brass flat head screw drilled into the left side of the barrel to complete the detail. More sanding, Silver color match, paint, dry. and display: ( til then: ) What do you think? sort of a Steampunk look - The pacmyer grips over the bulky wood grips a must !!! The pistol FEELS good with the Pacmyer grips. :cheers

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

What do you think? Comments please? :rolleyes

Gordon

Last edited:
Excellent work.Looks exactly like the prop.Totally forgot about the Mercury Men series,it's good fun.I wouldn't say the guns steampunk though I guess it's retro sifi.:D

Basic Pistol put together. Needs filler, Bondo, sanding, primer and a detail brass flat head screw drilled into the left side of the barrel to complete the detail. More sanding, Silver color match, paint, dry. and display: ( til then: ) What do you think? sort of a Steampunk look - The pacmyer grips over the bulky wood grips a must !!! The pistol FEELS good with the Pacmyer grips. :cheers

View attachment 233111

View attachment 233110

View attachment 233112

What do you think? Comments please? :rolleyes

Gordon
Excellent work! If we're ever able to make new episodes, you'll be getting a call :)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back