Hunger Games 2 Catching Fire Wetsuit

TheDr

Hey everyone,
Here is the deal,

I want to make this for my wife and myself to wear opening night of the movie.

Jennifer-Lawrence-Hunger-Games-Catching-fire-5.jpg

xcatching-fire-hawaii-katniss-peeta-600x478.jpg.pagespeed.ic.IC6CbBy1rL.jpg

I think this is a good resource for white neoprene Neoprene Fabric, Sheets and Neoprene Rubber

white neoprene can be printed on this way I demonstrate how to print dye sub on a laptop sleeve - YouTube

I still haven't found a pattern to use and I'm also thinking that one of the print patterns used for spiderman, superman and the costumes printed onto 4 way stretch lycra may be helpful, I just don't know where to get one of those I could edit with my own design. I am a scuba diver and surfer and would love to have it be a functional wetsuit, but that's not the first priority, the look is more important at this time.

I am also interested in advice for the elbows, knees, shoes and accessories.

You could try using Sonjou's muscle base files to make your own pattern for it? c:
Or even commission someone that makes files using the bases.

You could try using Sonjou's muscle base files to make your own pattern for it? c:
Or even commission someone that makes files using the bases.

Are those available here if I search for them? Also if anyone wants to pm me with rates for commissioned work I'm happy to consider it.

For what it's worth, the way that it's wrinkling in places makes it look like a long sleeved spandex suit over the top of a short sleeved neoprene wetsuit (which you cannot see any of). You can see the shorter sleeves where they end under the spandex (about 3 or 4" below where the black part of the sleeve starts), and around the hands the material looks way too thin to be neoprene. Also in the pic above of the guy, the way the suit is wrinkled is not the way a wetsuit would wrinkle, especially around the midsection.

Dynofiend is spot on about the sleeves.

The new pictures coming out show the short sleeved tops without gloves. It looks like the hand strap is attached to the elbow/arm guards as gloves. These are then pulled over the sleeves to make the wetsuit look. The standees/posters all show a clear seam around the midriff, so it's certainly a short sleeved top two-piece.

2cf8d148c56e9a3652629b1330c53cb6.jpg
77e09f0de57452500aa7052a05b0e76c.jpg

The wetsuits they wear aren't make from neoprene, they are actually made out of a swimsuit spandex fabric, the hexagon patterns are a 3d printed fabric with a slight metallic finish. The bow is a hoyt buffalo as mentioned above and the boots are altered Adidas champ speed 2's

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back