TRON Legacy - Flynn's Arcade 1:12 scale diorama

I have 3 nickel and soon 3 brass, and as of right now, there are only a few nickel left on ebay. There were definitely more a few months back, so people are grabbing them, like I do

I'll admit, I actually have two brass ones and one nickel one. Originally, I was only going with one brass, but it somehow got messed up (something caused its shine to become dull. I think it had something to do with moisture, as a lot of other items that was metal seemed to have the same issue), so I got the silver and nickel as a replacement.

I'll admit, I actually have two brass ones and one nickel one. Originally, I was only going with one brass, but it somehow got messed up (something caused its shine to become dull. I think it had something to do with moisture, as a lot of other items that was metal seemed to have the same issue), so I got the silver and nickel as a replacement.
Brass, copper and iron oxidises very easy or become dull as you said. But there is a certain charm about that, its more alive in my opinion and most tokens are made of these types of metals. Both type of tokens are collectible.

But you also say that you have one silver besides nickel?

Oh, I found the silver token :)

Well, if you're planning on collecting it, maybe (especially if it was specifically minted for collecting and hasn't been used). The ones I bought I paid about $2 per coin, and it came with a brochure for the California Adventure (I got mine from a seller on eBay), and they had a limited supply (so, I don't know if the seller still has them or not).

Damned it, there are a ton of stuff regarding the arcade.

One is San Diego Comic Con Flynn's Arcade Token Set

The Flynn Lives ARG coins are ones that a lot if TRON collectors seek (the coins came with a TRON coin pouch and a couple of vintage trading cards).

Well, if you're planning on collecting it, maybe (especially if it was specifically minted for collecting and hasn't been used). The ones I bought I paid about $2 per coin, and it came with a brochure for the California Adventure (I got mine from a seller on eBay), and they had a limited supply (so, I don't know if the seller still has them or not).
I just bought something much cooler and rarer and I am discovering things about the arcades release and promotion period I did not know of, so I am definitely lagging behind on this.. lol

- - - Updated - - -

The Flynn Lives ARG coins are ones that a lot if TRON collectors seek (the coins came with a TRON coin pouch and a couple of vintage trading cards).
Just let me say :) and I'll update this a bit later when I know more, but it looks solid.

Regarding the blueprint rev.2.

If I go for the arcade solution, which I probably will, the thing about this that one side of the building will be very long, spending 4 arches while the front side is only 2. Since this is a 1:12 scale, I need to come up with a special solution. I am thinking about cutting it down to 2 on the long side as well. But I will check this tomorrow when I am calculating the length of that side.

If you really need accurate measurements for the bricks, I live about 5 miles from the original building and can take a measurement for you next week.

If you really need accurate measurements for the bricks, I live about 5 miles from the original building and can take a measurement for you next week.
Oh man, that sounds super awesome. I figured I would never get the opportunity to get real figures and data and detailed pictures. Is it to much to ask if you can at the same time measure the width / height of the column ornaments, windows etc and a few detailed shoots of the ornaments on the wall, the oval shaped ones. I intend to do them also as close as possible in terms of details. I understand that it is a weird thing to ask, but this is probably my only opportunity and yes, I am very grateful for any info, info at all. Oh by the way, one very important detail, the doors at the entry, that is something I am guessing as well... anyway, thank you in advance.

Include the mortar layer when you measure :)

I am using the US standard size found on Wiki Brick - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and was going to start the revision 2 blueprint today, but I can wait until your service comes through.

... edit ....

I will put the rev.2 blueprint on hold for the new info. I might as well

Last edited:
Exciting news - The "package" is shipped. Estimated Delivery: Mon. Oct. 28 - Thu. Nov. 14

I will updated you guy's asap I have it and it will be part of the model.

I'll get some measurements. Since it is a restaurant in a public area, I'm not sure how many I can get but I can get enough for you to start with.

RPF member Jimbo890 had this to say about Ultracal 30: "this stuff is basically 1 part portland cement, 8 parts plaster of paris (gypsum plaster)."

So Ultracal 30 is more or less cement plaster. Even if Ultracal is an obvious choice, I cannot get Ultracal 30 in Sweden, I would need to import it with VAT ontop of the price. So I am inclined to go for the portland cement, standard material and cheap, I can get 25 kg bag for $6.50,- and 10 kg gypsum for $20,- That is by far cheaper than Ultracal 30 and a gut feeling is telling me that it will work.

I can also get 5 kg Stone Cast Gypsum for $38,-

Any comments on this ????

- - - Updated - - -

I'll get some measurements. Since it is a restaurant in a public area, I'm not sure how many I can get but I can get enough for you to start with.
Yeah, I was going to mention that you could mention / inform the owner out of kindness and what you are doing :)

Casini's outdoor plaster is our European equivilent to ultracal30. Here's a link to the company I use for all my plaster needs:

Casting & Moulding, Plaster-Of-Paris, Alginate, Modroc, Latex, Cold-Cure Rubber, RTV Silicone ...
Thank's, great link and prices are not too shabby either. 10 kg of outdoor plaster is £11.50,-

I can manufacture Ultracal 30 at a price of £12,- for 10 kg (following the recipe in the PDF).

So both options are something to consider and they do have other materials as well.

I also found a great site for pigments (colour)
Pigments | Cemcraft | Dyes | Pigments| Concrete | Cement | Concrete Fibres | Mortar Fibres | Screed Fibres | Render Fibres | Reinforcement Fibres

And I have decided to replicate the Legacy building only, meaning no interpretation and adaptation to the arcade (external) as seen in TRON 1982. So I need brick red and 1-2 shades of brown and 2-3 shades of gray and black.

Hey, I've found another spot that has some papercraft models of arcade cabinets (with some that overlap), but I figured maybe the papercraft models are adjustable for size: WotR - Paper, love and glue - mmmm
Nice find, I am sure parts of that can be used, but I will use the info found on arcade-museum and be dead on terms of design and size of the cabinet.
A scale replica is after all a scale replica and nothing less. No adjustments, "look a like" or otherwise anything that is not just a smaller version :)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back