Scary Screen-Used Hero Animatronic Goomba from the Super Mario Bros. movie

mikeymike

2bbr5c.jpg

Although I'm not the biggest admirer of the Super Mario Bros. movie, I do really dig the props (I have a bob-omb and a few other pieces). This is by far the best item I've ever seen come up: A complete hero working animatronic Goomba! Even the fans that were used to cool the actor inside the costume are included!

The lot is being auctioned off this Saturday on Icollector with an estimate of $7,000-$8,000 (see: SUPER MARIO BROS COMPLETE HERO ANIMATRONIC GENERAL GOOMBA W/ ALL WARDROBE SCREEN USED & MATCHED). The current bidding is at $2,100. According to the description, this is only one of two known puppets to have survived.

It kind of looks like a crime scene photo now, but can you imagine this assembled on a mannequin standing 8' tall?

2yjykpi.jpg

That face is the stuff of nightmares!

I listened in on the auction. This did not sell. The auctioneer said he was looking to get $5,000, but the bidding didn't even reach half that price. It's back to the CSI lab for you, Goomba.

Now if only I could find some props from my favorite Nintendo movie, The Wizard, like maybe Lucas Barton's screen-used Power Glove that appears to actually work...

It will stay in the auctions until it sells, which is how the auctions are run with David (not that I see anything wrong with that). I'm sad to see the Jester puppet sold, especially so cheap for what it was, but it would be a while before I would have saved enough money to have bought it for myself lol. I always enjoy David's auctions because you can usually get some really off the wall items and for pretty decent prices most of the time.

Oh, I thought the Goomba was a consignment. It's no doubt an awesome piece. I'd love to see the costume properly restored. I just don’t think there are big enough Super Mario movie fans out there to take on that task. It's funny you should mention Puppet Master. At one point I had a Blade head and hands from Retro Puppet Master and his hat from Pupper Master Vs. Demonic Toys. I think they may have even come from this same auctioneer because I remember first seeing them posing next to a dollar bill. ;)

I just saw an auction online for "stargate prop sgu screen used space suit boots" on ebay and it caught my attention because....

atlantis.png
It totally looks like they used a pair of Goomba boots? Look closely -- they have the same number of ridges as the pic above and the fronts of these shoes looks like they strap on just like the Goomba pic on this thread.

Its amazing once you start looking.... aren't the Goomba strap on boot caps also used in the Face Off magnetic prison boots???
face off boots.jpg

Reviving this thread from the dead.....
I found the Goomba toe-guard by coincident.
Called :Ellwood Safety Aluminum Foot Guards
40011.gif

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back