Deadpool costume!!!

aaronwarb93

Hello, im planning to make a deadpool costume, but from my research online, there seems to be a lot of the morph suit costumes going about, dont get me wrong i think some of them are really awesome, but unfortunately the spandex just ain't me.

so im gona gonna post pictures and drawings and info up when i can, i would also like to point out that I'm a university student so everything is done on a budget.

so... even though i said that I'm not gonna go for the morph suit or spandex costume, i will still keep the mask (because that looks badass with anything) however my question to you geniuses of costume and prop creation/recreation, what material should i use to make my own mask, bare in mind that i would very much like the mask to look like this:
http://cdn.uncaged.com/marvel/mua2/images/blog/Deadpool_Head_ra_copy.jpg
note how the red material is thick, a lot thicker than a morph suit.

my initial thoughts to the mask were to use mesh for the eyes, black morph material for the black parts surrounding the eyes and a red neoprene mask over the top. if you can imagine that description, do you think that would work or have i gone horribly wrong somewhere in that thought process.

$(KGrHqEOKpIFIj,4gnhtBSLZsYT,cg~~60_57.jpg$(KGrHqYOKpMFFytB82nJBRkONDIdSg~~60_14.jpg$(KGrHqZ,!qIFEj-5dTfuBR)FLFGbjw~~60_14.jpg$T2eC16FHJHYE9nzpcC-LBRYkeEP(6w~~60_3.jpg$T2eC16J,!w0E9szN(W+hBRi7Rgr5Ug~~60_14.jpg$T2eC16J,!wsE9suw)yL-BRmj+1SZE!~~60_57.jpg31uS4ZX45pL._SY445_.jpg61T4YjyzIQL._SL1024_.jpg500470517_o.jpghelikon_utl_gloves_1.jpg

above are pictures of the things i have ordered for my deadpool costume, as you can see by the pictures this is a very different kind of deadpool. below are the prices (in GBP) that i bought them for....

tactical vest: £77.58
Turtle next top (Black): £13.42
Tactical gloves: £18.00
Belt: £24.99
thermal shirt (red): £11.99
Combat trousers: £10.99
2x drop down leg holsters (left and right): £27.90
mask: £13.46
2x Toy swords: £12
Elbow pad and knee pads: £9.99

Total Expenditure : £220.32

when I initially planned this costume I budgeted myself a maximum of £250, the reason I chose this budget, is because I am a university student and I am trying to find the best way to make amazing quality cosplay/costumes, while at the same time, not paying over £300 to look good, yes i only just stayed under budget, and that was mainly by owning tactical boots, spray paint and other small bits and bobs which really helped me save, my hope at the moment is that all the items arrive in time for halloween.

soon i will upload pictures of the customisations i have made to the swords and a picture of the boots, and as things arrive i will upload pictures.

oh and btw as for the guns i found two really cheap crappy sticky dart guns in my loft, but with a bit of paint will do the job nicely.

- - - Updated - - -

sorry about the pictures, not quite sure how to post them properly aha

I based my Deadpool mask off that same image. I used a red cotton-blend spandex (nice texture) and didn't use any black fabric. Instead my eyebrows are covered in liquid latex, and the latex is also used to add scars to my cheeks and around the eyes. Then it's all painted black. I wear white mesh eye contacts, and slip the red hood over the whole thing.

Was pretty cheap (the contacts were about $30, the fabric no more than $5 for the amount needed for the mask). And the final result looks like the image you referenced, and has the added bonus that you can still emote with your eyes.

You can see it in action here: 'ASSIST ME!' Featuring Deadpool: Part 1 (Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Tutorial/Parody) - YouTube

Deadpoolwiki.png

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back