Looking for a sterling l2a3 replica, for an E-11 project

rednaxela

Hi, I'm a new member who has admired this forum for a while and have decided to join the community and to begin with my own projects. I'm looking for a replica of sterling l2a3. So i can make my own e-11 blaster rifle. I have so far only found parts of a sterling and because I'm not good at metal work, I prefer a full replica. then I ask you, where can I find one? no I do not want a real one, because my budget is not enough.

(I'm new member and i dont know how the forum works and please tell me and I have published this right.)

Replica_Sterling_L2A3.jpg

Wow. Either there is some severe lens distortion on the camera or that sterling replica on the initial picture was used to open up crates.
You said your budget isn't big....would you consider a resin replica? Doopydoos.com has one that is a cast of a real sterling. It's not meant for trooping, but more for display. There are issues with the buttstock and the quality of the castings. But it's certainly not 525 bucks and makes nice shelf display with a little bit of work and a few more parts and screws.

TazMan2000

The one in your picture is a replica by the Model Gun Corporation (MGC), long out of production. Those were used in ROTJ, but if you want an ANH or ESB, you want a replica that's more accurate. I can't think of anyone making replicas of just the Sterling, but if resin is okay with you, there's "Doopydoo", who does a very nice kit. Or look for Master Replica blasters on eBay...

Are the 'modifications' essentially that there's no way to transfer a bullet from the mag to the barrel and that the barrel is a solid piece of bar (3/4" or so) in the middle of the reciever and not a hollow tube that could launch a bullet?

So that from all outward appearances it's virtually identical to the original and everything on the exterior functions normally (click of the trigger, popping in a mag, folding stock, etc)?

And any clue who makes a better finished piece between those two places?

Doopydoos.com has one that is a cast of a real sterling. It's not meant for trooping, but more for display.
There are lots of troopers that use Doopydoo's kits. If you are trooping you would want your blaster to not be too heavy, which the original Sterlings are.
I would go with Doopydoo's parts attached to a plastic tube.

There was an airsoft replica Sterling also. It is made of metal, but very rare, quite expensive and not of the L2A3 model. Some details are different, or missing.

There are lots of troopers that use Doopydoo's kits. If you are trooping you would want your blaster to not be too heavy, which the original Sterlings are.
I would go with Doopydoo's parts attached to a plastic tube.

There was an airsoft replica Sterling also. It is made of metal, but very rare, quite expensive and not of the L2A3 model. Some details are different, or missing.

I'm not saying you couldn't, but care must me taken. That resin doesn't survive a drop too well. Can't be a stormtrooper without a blaster. (Or at least a broken blaster). What would the Emperor say? :p

TazMan2000

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back