True Detective

That and Colin "Kiss of Death" Farrell does not bode well at all for this.

VERY disapointed. :unsure

Then it should have been named "True Detectives", now shouldn't it? ;)
I didn't see any indication in season 1 that it was about anything than what the core story was about. If the format is not reflected in how the series is made, then it is not a true format.

So, what about ep. 2? I'm not as hooked as I was with season 1, but it's early. So, did someone just Jon Snow out, or is that survivable?

So, what about ep. 2? I'm not as hooked as I was with season 1, but it's early. So, did someone just Jon Snow out, or is that survivable?

Well in the preview for episode 3, one of the supervisors says "one of my men gets shot..." Instead of killed. Also IMDB shows Colin in all 8 episodes.

Shot could mean killed, and maybe the rest of the episodes we see him in flashbacks? Anything's possible. What if Det. Velcoro is the one who murdered Mr. Caspere and we take the season for the other two to piece that together? We'll see.

It's pretty obvious that the man with the crow mask killed casper. Unless there is some huge twist I think that is a safe assumption. The mystery will be who the **** is under that bird mask, and why?

Well, they hinted in the last episode that the mayor of Vinci may have a son who is a bit off his rocker. So, I think the assumption is that the mayor's son may be either the guy in the mask and/or the one who killed Ben Caspere

Son is definitely off. Plot deepens a bit. How does a guy like the mayor get to remain mayor with so much obvious baggage that should be used against him by political opponents. He's protected, but why? Quite the train wreck at that house.

I wonder if the person coming after Frank and his people is the same guy who murdered Caspere and is that also the person that attacked Velcorro?

So far I am enjoying how different this season is from last season. I really appreciate the work they are putting into the writing and the effort to tell an entirely different story.

It's also refreshing to see Vince Vaughn in something other than a crappy comedy. And Rachel McAdams has my attention. Again, when I heard she was cast in this I was a little thrown at first. It was just unexpected, but that works for the character.

I have to admit I'm not as interested in the mystery "who done it" this season. I'm invested in the characters much more.

I agree, I think the main cast is doing an awesome job with their characters. In a show like this that is so heavy on the noir feel, it could easily fall into a pulpy feel, but I think they've done really well at making the characters seem real.

I'm just not as engaged as I was last year. Not as intense. That constant feeling of dread with each episode. Maybe, it's just not as dark? I still like it, don't get me wrong. Will keep watching.

Okay I'm going to finish the show, but wow.... This is going nowhere fast, Vince Vaughan seems to be the central character, and he's the most boring of the bunch. I guess we'll see, but there's no way in hell this can get anywhere close to season 1 with only 4 episodes left. I was telling a friend that this needs to be around 14 episodes for how many characters are being juggled.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back