The Future Is Now - GE BTTF commercial

Very cool and the cgi was surprisingly good, why is commercials have better cgi than big movies these days? lol

I can hear all the kids aged 8 years old to 19 years old saying 'Is that car from a new YouTube show or something?'.

Just wait another 10 years or so when someone re-boots the BTTF franchise.

Because commercials only have to pay for a few seconds of CG and they pay top dollar - studios have to fill minutes and multiple scenes, so they shop for something that will pass but they also want it cheap. Ever notice alot of movies still have it raining or dark when computer comes into play? Saves rendering and money.

@epilepticsquirl - you're not the first to ask this - but it's not me - that's the real deal!

Pretty good testimony to your Marty when BTTF fans can't tell the difference.

I could definitely tell the difference but only in that MJF has a slightly different sound now than he did 25-30 years ago. Mooniteman has young MJF nailed though. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I could definitely tell the difference but only in that MJF has a slightly different sound now than he did 25-30 years ago. Mooniteman has young MJF nailed though. :)

Why thank you! It's always super high praise! And yes - MJF now has more texture to his voice than I do - something I can look forward to in my later years perhaps?

MJF actually sounded better in this commercial than he has in some other stuff i've seen. I think it all depends on how he's feeling too day to day. I know when he did the Scream awards commercial his voice wavered a bit. Mooniteman for sure got the 80s voice nailed though, now if they'd give you more chances to use it. I seem to be the only person wanting another BTTF game lol.

MJF actually sounded better in this commercial than he has in some other stuff i've seen. I think it all depends on how he's feeling too day to day. I know when he did the Scream awards commercial his voice wavered a bit. Mooniteman for sure got the 80s voice nailed though, now if they'd give you more chances to use it. I seem to be the only person wanting another BTTF game lol.

Hell, as a person without a PS3 I'd like ANY BTTF game. I hate this exclusive crap. A lot of us would buy if it was on other systems as well.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

Hell, as a person without a PS3 I'd like ANY BTTF game. I hate this exclusive crap. A lot of us would buy if it was on other systems as well.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

Lol i got the game on the PC. It came out for pc, ps3, and i think the wii. Microsoft makes it so hard to get the rights to publish a game that isn't labeled as an indie and sold cheap that a lot of companies won't try it.

Lol i got the game on the PC. It came out for pc, ps3, and i think the wii. Microsoft makes it so hard to get the rights to publish a game that isn't labeled as an indie and sold cheap that a lot of companies won't try it.

Didn't know it was on the Wii. I'll have to look into it. I thought it was a PS3 exclusive. :)

Mooniteman for sure got the 80s voice nailed though

Where might one hear a sample?

It also came out on Mac, which is where I got it :)
Would another BTTF game, however not another click game. Perhaps something more like GTA, open world, both driving and running around.

Didn't know it was on the Wii. I'll have to look into it. I thought it was a PS3 exclusive. :)
It is available on mac/pc, wii and ps3. not sure if its actually available on 360. I paid for the mac version after I got the first episode for free when Telltale was offering it for free. I don't remember paying as much as the game is selling for now though. And the price for the console versions seems a bit steep for this type of game. I'd recommend the pc version over console one.

Where might one hear a sample?
He is the voice actor for Marty in the BTTF game!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back