Arrow Season 2 Bow

Primrodo

Sr Member
Does anyone recognise this new bow? It looks to have recurve limbs...AND cables? Has a few trappings of standard compound bows as well.

Thoughts? Screen Shot 2013-09-05 at 10.40.48 AM.pngScreen Shot 2013-09-05 at 10.44.13 AM.pngScreen Shot 2013-09-05 at 10.44.32 AM.png

I never noticed that they removed the cables on Malcolm's bow, making it a butchered compound - recurve.
Yeah, I only noticed that myself after seeing that photo. I guess they did it so it could be used as a stunt bow with no risk of the cable disengaging when being drawn

They did a similar thing to The GA Bow in Smallville, although for that they left the cables and bolted down the cams to not move, and replaced the string with an elastic cord.

Don't get me wrong but his new bow looks like the one Oliver used in Smallville, i don't know it just resembles it but a lot darker but i really like the design of this new one and i love the arrow tv show in general hehe, but yeah i think it looks cool and i cant wait for the second season

Don't get me wrong but his new bow looks like the one Oliver used in Smallville, i don't know it just resembles it but a lot darker but i really like the design of this new one and i love the arrow tv show in general hehe, but yeah i think it looks cool and i cant wait for the second season

The one Oliver used in Smallville was the "PSE Mojo" painted with Automotive paint. This new bow in Season 2, is a whole other animal. LoL that has to be the most complicated bow I have ever laid my eyes on.

Hi, Arrow Archery Tech here, that is me on the left side of the pic above. You're correct! It is indeed the Oneida Kestrel. Sometimes referred to as a compound recurve.
The Dark Archer/Malcolm Merlyn bow is a PSE without cables, as you said, for stunt safety.
Kestrel is a really great bow, the overall design and look play well on the screen.

Hi, Arrow Archery Tech here, that is me on the left side of the pic above. You're correct! It is indeed the Oneida Kestrel. Sometimes referred to as a compound recurve.
The Dark Archer/Malcolm Merlyn bow is a PSE without cables, as you said, for stunt safety.
Kestrel is a really great bow, the overall design and look play well on the screen.

Hello! Thanks for replying on my thread! I saw recently Oneida was taking some pride in the bow used in the show! I am trying to keep my eyes out for a used bow now! I LOVE the over all design much more than the season 1 bow!

Is there anything about the bow you can share? (Ie what attachments are used?) Did you guys have a hand in the bows use or just the training and technical aspects?

I thought Malcoms like like a PSE! Ironic since the previous Green Arrow bow was!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Where did you see Oneida taking pride? I'd love to see that.
I cannot really say much about the show but I can tell you that I handle all the training and make all archery related props (aside obviously from the bow), I also work closely with stunts to ensure safety and realism as much as possible. There isn't 'guys' it is just me as Archery Technician, and yes, I have most of the say on the bow's use as a bow but not as a punching weapon! I leave that up to stunts.
Is that what you mean by 'bows use'?

Unfortunately I cannot leak any secrets about the bow.

They posted it on their Facebook page a couple times. I think they love seeing the bow on TV with such prominence :)

I am glad to see some professionals helping them make the archery look as good as it does!

By guys, sorry, I meant your company. I looked up your website last night and did not want to assume one way or another.

By bows use I meant did you help in the selection after they had the original one destroyed in the finale. Especially going from a recurve to compound.

How do you feel seeing the bows used as melee weapons? I know many bow aficionados have been cringing!

As for secrets, understandable! More just curious on the arrow rest used and if there are anything else. It's obvious they added some items on the limbs for whatever reason and have a custom paint job, but looks fairly stock.

I really wish they were not $1300! I was lucky enough to get my Green Arrow bow from Smallville fully complete, every accessory for it found :) this one will take a bit I think! Have to study screencaps and reference images for all the addons :)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back