Arrow Season 2 Bow

The Oneida Kestrel is a very nice bow, but I don't think I'd ever buy one. I was kinda curious about the new bow used in Arrow so thought I'd do a search. My question is who decided to put on a cheap $30 rest on a $1300 bow?

Very cool to see the person who works on the show and makes the props for them posting on this forum! Welcome aboard, and thanks for sharing the info! Please keep up the great work on Arrow!

arrow.png
what i would like to know is, what is that thing on top of the limb is, looks strange

The part you see on the top of that photo is the hinge which connects the top power limb to the top outboard limb and the cables.

Hi, Arrow Archery Tech here, that is me on the left side of the pic above. You're correct! It is indeed the Oneida Kestrel. Sometimes referred to as a compound recurve.
The Dark Archer/Malcolm Merlyn bow is a PSE without cables, as you said, for stunt safety.
Kestrel is a really great bow, the overall design and look play well on the screen.

Hi! Can you please tell us what model of PSE Malcolm's bow is?

I thought Oneida went out of business a long time ago. 17 years ago I bought an Oneida Tomcat and I still have it. You had to tune it every five or so shots though. Sweet looking bow then and now. I am glad they are back. Ted Nugent uses the Oneida Strike Eagle to this day for wild Boar. Looks like they have added some support membranes to the risers to balance the limbs cam areas. That is a sweet looking bow.Right now there is an Oneida Strike Eagle on ebay for $150.00

So, since it was brought up in this thread previously...

It appears, as of the latest episode that the strange "pods" added to each limb of this bow fire a pair of small, time-detonated sticky explosives.

Who knew?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back