37 1/2 inch (1/2 studio scale) TOS Battlestar Galactica scratchbuild #2

Hey Guys, just to be clear, I only have the ok to make a mold of Martyns dome, the TonyRR/308 bits will need to be done thru Shapeways. So everyone who has a kit will be a resin casting of Martyns dome (only the rear dome) and i have a few other bits I want to send everyone. Any other upgrades will need to be purchased thru the appropriate vendor.

thanks
miek

Hey Guys, just to be clear, I only have the ok to make a mold of Martyns dome, the TonyRR/308 bits will need to be done thru Shapeways. So everyone who has a kit will be a resin casting of Martyns dome (only the rear dome) and i have a few other bits I want to send everyone. Any other upgrades will need to be purchased thru the appropriate vendor.

thanks
miek

Thanks for the clarification.

Ken

I did a search on Shapeways and I only see the bridge. I didn't see the front dome anywhere - am I missing something? Does anyone have a compiled list of vendors who have revised parts for this kit?

Attachments

• 625x465_1790358_5640640_1408716470.jpg
    625x465_1790358_5640640_1408716470.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

thanks
miek

Thanks Mike for the update on the Domes,when you get a time I sent you a PM,please let me know you got it ok..

Clarence

Hey Mike, sent you a couple of PM's. ie. Missing Parts. No panic, just want to make sure you are ok after the health scare. Can you give me a heads up that you got the message.

Thanks again.

Patrick

Dear Mike,

i just have sent you a message concerning your Galactica monster-kit.

Thanks in advance and greetings from Germany,
Jan

Yeah, just to repost an update..

Sorry, everything is ok just very very busy at the moment. Last couple of days got put into hyper-drive so to speak as i have an oil tank that has a small leak and needs a full replacement, which means i spent part of the day on Tuesday waiting for the oil company, part of yesterday and almost all today breaking down my entire scratch building shop, benches and all, so they can come in and replace the tank, not a lot of fun. But i am grateful that i paid for that oil tank insurance!

I will try to catch up on PM's soon and address the kit in the other thread as well.

In short, the BSG kit will be on hold for about 1 month while i do the x wing run and remold a few key parts of the galactica. It never ceases to amaze me how quickly this kit eats up molds, but it's big and has a tremendous level of detail that beats up molds.

It's just a pause, kit is not discontinued.

Feel free to continue to PM and pester me, my PM box is a hectic place sometimes and I do miss messages at times, not trying to ignore anyone so please do not take it personally. I truly appreciate everyone's support and interest here.
thanks
mike

Hello My Ky Friend, Man Robiwon, your doing great on your BSG love your collection I also see you to are a gun lover. good stuff for sure Thanks Jim

Hello My Ky Friend, Man Robiwon, your doing great on your BSG love your collection I also see you to are a gun lover. good stuff for sure Thanks Jim

Airsoft actually! At one point, when I was single, I had over 30 airsoft guns. Most were TM, ICS, KWA, KSC, etc. Sadly, I only have my TM Hi-Capa 5.1 left. It's a great gas airsoft pistol though.

Kermit, thanks for the kind words on the BSG parts! Again, in the interest of transparency, I am only the middle man in these BSG and BMF parts. Our own FZ6 is the real magic man behind the designs. I just make the suggestions for what we all get. Exciting stuff is on the way!!!

I like exciting stuff, can't wait to see whats around the corner. Some airsoft guns are bad ass, Love all your pics of wonderfest which I'm already thinking about the next one. I need to go to there page and see whats up for this coming year. Hope we can get with each other on next years wonderfest be fun. Thanks Jim

Got my nose piece from Shapeways. It is a masterpiece and quite beautiful, but I'm afraid it seems a bit too large. It may be difficult to make it fit.

IMG_3451.JPG

Oh my! That might be a problem in the print-scaling. Glad I didn't put in for one yet. This will need to be fixed. Hate to have to chop it up to make it fit.

Tordoc, can you measure the Shapeways piece for me? It should be 70.06mm at its widest. I sent FZ6 a PM.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back