Abner Ravenwood Journal - Finished

Re: Abner Ravenwood Journal - WIP

This should hopefully be the last build along post, unless I've messed something up somewhere and I need to re-do any steps.

After applying the inside cover pages, the textblock was reinforced with a sheet of paper and a lot of PVA glue:
IMG_20130923_134047.jpgIMG_20130923_134127.jpg

Once that had come out of the book press, I measured the textblock for the sizing of the covers:
IMG_20130923_151220.jpgIMG_20130923_151245.jpg

A piece of grey/green cloth was cut which was 30mm bigger on all sides than the book board pieces. Those flaps were then stuck down to all sides, a piece of red cloth was also stuck on over the spine and then it was back in the book press while the glue dried:
IMG_20130923_155148.jpgIMG_20130923_160052.jpg

The last step was to glue the inside cover pages to the main outer cover:
IMG_20130923_193454.jpg

Then, again, it was back in the book press and that's where the thing is at the moment. Once it comes out I will stuff it full of all my inserts and take it out for some glamour shots :D

Attachments

• IMG_20130923_151226.jpg
    IMG_20130923_151226.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 200

Thats very cool well done

Cheers buddy :D I've got quite into this book making stuff. If you haven't seen, I have another thread where I made a cover for my Kindle with Indy journal styling. I also just made a hollow secret hidey book for one of the blokes I work with and made it with some Game of Thrones styling by using a Stark direwolf stencil I made a while back and spraying the cover with that.

I am totally blown away by the work you have done here. You have me wanting to totally revisit my own personal journal that I completed... 10+ years ago... this is really impressive work.

I am totally blown away by the work you have done here. You have me wanting to totally revisit my own personal journal that I completed... 10+ years ago... this is really impressive work.

Thank you very much for the kind words, and also for the words you put down with Wayne that made this possible. A journal without a decent story in it wouldn’t be that exciting, plus the places you had Abner visit gave me ideas for inserts (like the vintage post cards I picked up for Versailles and Chartres). So it’s more team effort :lol

I’m glad that my work could inspire you, I’ll look forward to seeing a new journal thread pop up :D

- - - Updated - - -

This is fantastic.

Thank you, glad that you enjoyed the thread!

This is lovely work no question. I'm not sure how I missed this thread but I'll certainly keep an eye on developments here..

Bravo sir.

High regards

MARK

Sorry buddy, you're a little bit late to the party and it's all done now so dont expect much in the way of updates.

I'm glad you like it though :)

I,m working on a replica raven wood journal but am having trouble with a few inserts including the Mediterranean map can anyone help please

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back