The Mummy Returns and Scorpion King question

Sluis Van Shipyards

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I watched the last half of The Mummy Returns last night and at the end they have the Scorpion King fighting the other mummy dude and the hero (see how well I paid attention to the names? :lol). Anyway throughout that movie they build up the Scorpion King as a real bad guy, yet in the actual Scorpion King movie, he's a good guy. Is there some reason for the big difference between the two movies? My guess would be The Rock didn't want to play a bad guy.

I watched the last half of The Mummy Returns last night and at the end they have the Scorpion King fighting the other mummy dude and the hero (see how well I paid attention to the names? :lol). Anyway throughout that movie they build up the Scorpion King as a real bad guy, yet in the actual Scorpion King movie, he's a good guy. Is there some reason for the big difference between the two movies? My guess would be The Rock didn't want to play a bad guy.

Simple: If you're going to do a movie about The Scorpion King with him in focus, you want people to like him. Besides, it hints that sometime after the events of The Scorpion King, something clearly corrupted him, thus leading him to be the villain in The Mummy Returns.

Dear lord, I've rarely seen worse movies than the Scorpion King sequels... even without a long rant, cheesy plots, terrible historical/Mummy universe coherency, and goodness, the bad acting.

*Cough* mini-rant over.

Dear lord, I've rarely seen worse movies than the Scorpion King sequels... even without a long rant, cheesy plots, terrible historical/Mummy universe coherency, and goodness, the bad acting.

*Cough* mini-rant over.

:lol I'll counter with Kelly Hu was in it...

I guess this is along the same lines as Arnold's character in the original Terminator and T2- bad guy in the first, good guy (because of the popularity of the character) in the sequel.

But... I can't see the Scorpion King in the "The Mummy Returns" generating the same popularity as Arnie in The Terminator, so that throws my theory out the window. :lol

Kevin

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back