Star Trek The Official Starships Collection.

breen2057

Sr Member
Just found out about this new collection from Eaglemoss, the same company that is making the Batmobile collection.

Star Trek The Official Starships Collection. Its available in Ireland, the UK and the USA.

0A1.jpg

I've just bought the first one from a local news agents and it looks great. Its the Enterprise D, the saucer section is metal and the engineering section is plastic. the model comes with a stand that holds the ship securely and looks nice. it is well detailed for the money and wont break the bank. Price for the first model is €3.99 in Ireland and £1.99 in UK. I don't know how much it is in the USA, but according to the website you can subscribe so send them a email to find out.

According to the website the collection will have a starting run of 70 ships. But as with other collections that Eaglemoss has done in the past, if there is a great interest in the run more ships will be added. also there will be specials, these are models that bigger and cost more that the normal ships. One of the proposed specials is DS9.

Have a look at the website and Facebook page for more details.

I'm so excited about this collection, I just had to share it here on the RPF so that any Star Trek fans would not miss out on this. This is one collection i will be getting.

Official Website - Star Trek? The Official Starship Collection

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/StarTrekStarships

Last edited by a moderator:
This is pretty cool; could you snap a few pictures of it when you get a chance? I'd be curious to see them.

i dont have a good camera at the moment but these pics from the website are just the same as the one i bought in the shop. my one is just a little darker in person but that is probably just cos of the flash. it looks so cool in person.

top.jpg

btm.jpg

I have been following this for a while. It's a nice idea and the models are nice but the subscription price of $40/month seems pretty steep.

I bought the first one and it's really nice, but there's too many ships I'm not interested in for it to be worth subscribing. I'll just have to try and buy the ones I want when they come out. Mainly I'll be after the Enterprises, (original, A and C) and maybe a couple of others (Like if they did the refit Ambassador-class)

Saw this in the shop the other day, much bigger than I expected. Therres also a doctor who figurine collection, starting with Matt smith.

I saw this from trektoday.com the other day and also felt $40 per month (2 ships) too steep. At about 5" long, they are a nice size, but the cost point for me would be $10-$12 per ship.

I also saw on their FB page people are having issues getting reliable shipments out.

So, for the cost and unreliability, I'll wait a bit and check in later.

Dan

I have been collecting these from the word go and I have never had a problem with shipments (not yet anyway).

The special editions are awesome to.

I've been curious about these little guys since I first saw them... Not sure if the subscription price is worth it though, as I'm only interested in a few of the ships. Overall, is the detailing nice?

So, I went to eBay to check whether they had the BoP, and found a listing. If the picture included in the listing is a true representation of the ship details, I'm not impressed - or I'm expecting too much in a die-cast.

The painting of the ship is splotchy. Appears like the nozzle of the sprayer got clogged. The magazine covers represents what I'd like to see in details.

Am I expecting too much?

BoP-Die-Cast.JPGBoP-Cover.JPG

I can't say how the whole series will be, but here's my review of the Ent-D, the first ship in the series. I was very impressed.

D

I have been collecting this series and there are a lot of ships so far ! (18 I think including the subscription bonus ships). The quality has been a little hit and miss on some of the models, but over all I have been very happy with the level of detail and build quality.

In almost all the models the gap tolerance is very fine and the paint job is quite detailed. They have a interesting range of subjects too.

Only thing I wish was that some day they will do a set with leds.

. .and just a warning you need a big shelf free for the whole collection :)

They recently brought out a bonus (for subscribers) a 15-20cm version of the Abrahms (Spl?) version Enterprise.

If you're a collector and Star Trek fan, particularly of TNG you will enjoy it :)

3oin

I got the Ent D and TMP refit, early on, but I've not really been interested in any others since then. I'll certainly get the Enterprise C.

Edit: I should really check what I've already written in threads.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back