Help from a Rocketeer

Valor

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm attempting a scratchbuild of the rocket pack. I'm trying to get accurate dimensions of the ACME pack. I found one image on the rpf that had some, but I need some that were not taken.

If you own an ACME pack and have 20 minutes, I would TOTALLY APPRECIATE IT if you could check out the attached diagram and give me the measurements for the attached dimensions. If it is a measurement across a curved surface, like measuring the width of a rocket tube, just measure the straight-line distance across from above, not actually along the curve.

Please, please, please. And thank you, thank you, thank you!

Steve

Attachments

• dimensions.jpg
    dimensions.jpg
    335.1 KB · Views: 233
Mike THANK YOU for taking time to help me out. I'm posting your measurements here so others can benefit from them.

Steve

1. 10.7
2. 7
3. 20.8
4. 8.5
5. 21.7
6. 46.4
7. 20.6
8. 18
9. 4.3
10. 9.3
11. 14
12. 3.8
13. 12.3
14. 17.4
15. 41.5
16. Approx 14.5 to 15 (installed and difficult to measure accurately)
17. 12.9
18. 6.5

Here's a modified pic with the sizes included in case anyone wants to use it in the future.

Attachments

• Rocketeer_Dimensions.jpg
    Rocketeer_Dimensions.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 285
Last edited:
So sorry if this sounds crazy, because I feel a little crazy. I double checked to make sure I wasn't looking at it wrong or misinterpreting it.
Some of the dimensions don't quite add up, and maybe need a re-check?

14 - looks like the width of the engine nozzle, which fits INSIDE the main cylinder body.

19 - is the width of the main cylinder body (outside diameter)

But 14 is WIDER than 19? I'm sure it was a typo or a miscalculation, but that's not possible. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm just worried, getting halfway done with certain parts (based off these dimensions) that they wont fit with other parts! Yikes!

Yeah, some of the measurements I got from people seemed a little off to me too. Because I was never able to get reliable, full measurements I stopped obsessing with measurements on my build and went for proportional accuracy.

Thanks guys, this thread provided me with some really important measurements and a good idea of how this thing is proportioned. Although they may not be 100% accurate, the measurements are damned close, and well worth considering. I switched around the 14/19 measurements issue that was mentioned in this thread and have updated that in the image. Additionally I used some contextual measurements and included what I think are the measurements for the height of the nacelles (minus flaps) as well as the width of the engine at the widest point. Here's the updated image:

Rocketpack_Dimensions.jpg

If anyone feels the information I've added is incorrect please let me know!

I just did a few quick measurements on a production made pack to check - the measurements are mostly very close! For example, #5 is about 8.125" if you go to the line outside the rivets. That's looking from the front straight on - not following the curve of the engine with the measuring tape. The distance for #4, following the curve of the cone, is about 4.125."

Some are a bit further off, which I imagine is a result of the drawing being off. The width of the fin - #16 - is almost 7" inches.

Happy to measure and take pics of any part you'd like with a measuring tape against it. Just give me a shout!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back