3d Printed Tests - Green Lantern Ring (Glow in dark symbol) - Terminator Headskull

mmfox

Just wanted to share that I finally after getting my 3d printer two months ago was able to get some good stuff worth to show.
I have been doing some test with different filaments, painting and sanding techniques, etc.
Here are some interesting results:

Green Lantern Ring:
I create the ring exactly to fix my middle finger size and print it in a Glow-In-Dark PLA. After that I paint the entire ring but leave the GL symbol unpainted so I can charge it with light and make it glow. The ring has no batteries at all.

Terminator:
Fully 3d Printed skull with some twicks, sanding, apoxy and paint. Light and batteries are built in the box, I also added a switch to the box and a custom Terminator label to it.

Hope you like them!
mmfox

IMG_0758.JPGIMG_0759.JPGIMG_0762.JPGIMG_0764.JPGphoto 1.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 3.JPGphoto 4.JPGterminator1.jpgterminator2.jpgterminator3.jpg

Re: 3d Printed Tests - Green Lantern Ring (Glow in dark symbol) - Terminator Headskul

Very nice and damn if that ring doesn't glow nice.

Re: 3d Printed Tests - Green Lantern Ring (Glow in dark symbol) - Terminator Headskul

Where did you get the glow in the dark PLA?

Is that Endo Skull 1:1? Both the ring and the skull are very cool btw.

Would you share your stls files, please ?

May I ask what printer you purchased? I've been looking to buy one myself and I have a few I've been considering.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back