Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows (Video Game)

Scareb

Sr Member
I'm not sure how many of you knew about this but the new ninja turtles game came out today on Xbox live (comes out end of September on PS3). The game is a throwback to the old TMNT 2 and Turtles in Time where it's a beat-em up with big emphasis on co-op. I haven't played the main game yet as I'm waiting for my buddy to download it later today but I was doing some peeking around and it's great so far. The biggest surprise of all was when the main title screen came up and Turtle Power by Partners in Kryme popped up. That hit me in the nostalgia button like you wouldn't believe. I really hope they squeeze other songs from the movie(s) in.

You have a lair that I'm assuming you go back to after every mission. You can upgrade your weapons into new special weapons, you can upgrade your character with better stats as combo's, practice and hone your moved in the Dojo, and there an arcade cabinet with a side-scrolling arcade version of the game.

I know the game is based off the Nick show but so far I'm not really getting the vibe. The turtles look different from the cartoon, different voice actors, even April looks different. It seems like they went more realistic without completely giving up the cartoony aspect. The fighting that I tried was fun but some of the moved are difficult to pull off and I can't see me using a few of them just for that reason.

All in all, if you're a ninja turtles fan and have an Xbox, you should download this.

Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows

I only just found out about this last week, saw a gameplay demo video, and I've been looking forward to this ever since. I love how every turtle has a different style of fighting and all, with their own abilities. Plus, it's co-op? Yes please. Definitely downloading this tonight.

Co-op is definitely the biggest draw for me. I can't wait to pull off some awesome team combo's.

I'll have to wait for it to hit the PSN, but it looks pretty good to me. And for $15, why not?

It's really fun. Each turtle has their own uniqueness like Miley is the fastest, Raph is the strongest, Leo can take the most hits and Donnie is a combination of the 3. The stat upgrade window is HUGE. There's like 6 or 7 different screens per turtle and each screen has a variety of upgrades. I think this game is only 4 missions long so it'll take a several playthroughs to max out each turtle.

So far the only thing that's annoying me is the counter system, it doesn't seem to work 3/4's of the time but I put some skill points into Mikey's counter system so I'll have to see if that helped.

Yeah, having really given it a good couple hours in, it's not as fun as I thought and tons of glitches. We were playing and I somehow jumped off a building onto the street below with no way back and then my buddy did it as well and the computer turtles chased after him. I've lost count of the times the computer just stands there while getting attacked and we have to rush in and kill the enemy before the turtle is knocked out.

Then there's the counter system and the fact that if all 4 turtles are knocked out during co-op, you have to restart the level from the beginning and that really sucks if you made it to the very end.

This game needs a patch hardcore.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back