Scratch-build of Rocketeer Cirrus X-3 Rocketpack

Brilliant work mate, love this film and the work you have put in is amazing, my jaw needs surgically replacing as it has dropped off somewhere, as for the sound try googling voodoo fx they do sound boards. The LED lighting is stunning.

This turned out absolutely incredible! Beautiful paint job along with fantastic craftsmanship has turned this into a prop many of us can be jealous over. Thank you for sharing your process

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

FML. I just died and went to heaven. One of my dream props. I could never do this with my own skills atm. Prob just save up for an acme kit

Absolutely stunning work. The pack looks beautiful. This has been a grail of mine ever since I saw the film. Hopefully I can follow your lead a little ways down the road. I'm not a very big guy myself so I would like to use your scaling.

Gronk Gronk. Gronk.

(You have a proper collection showing in the background.)
Can I ask, what do you do for a living? Because, if it's not this, full-time, it well should be. Nice logo, BTW.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. I'm a creative director (and designer ) at an ad agency. This is just what I do for fun.

Last edited:
Amazing work, Valor!

The question is now....will you be casting this? While I am quite fond of my scratch build cirrus, it's nowhere near this awesomeness!

Also, your helmet liner is still doing it's job :) so comfy!!

Wow. Just wow. The lights really bring the whole thing together, and hte orange plays really well together with the copper/bronze color you chose(and the color of the harness). Altogether stellar work!

_A

Best scratch built I have ever seen. Amazing work, paint and harness. Truly awesome. Makes me want to get back to Rocketeer costuming. Every time I see a well done pack makes me wish I had never sold mine.

Wow, this came out amazing. Fantastic work. If mine comes out half this nice, I'll be happy. Thanks for blazing the trail, it's going to make my build a lot easier!

As promised.

Attachments

• DSC_0031.jpg
    DSC_0031.jpg
    583.9 KB · Views: 480
  • DSC_0011.jpg
    DSC_0011.jpg
    722.7 KB · Views: 393
  • DSC_0025.jpg
    DSC_0025.jpg
    504.8 KB · Views: 371
  • DSC_0027.jpg
    DSC_0027.jpg
    932.5 KB · Views: 388
  • DSC_0029.jpg
    DSC_0029.jpg
    946.7 KB · Views: 374
I knew it, I knew it...that rocket pack combined with that fantastic helmet is simply breathtaking:cool Big Wow!!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back