Final Fantasy 14 MMO

Chevyh0tr0d

Sr Member
So FF14 a world reborn is due out on Tuesday 8/27, just wondering if anyone else besides me will be playing. If you are I will be on the Behemoth server.

They're saying that this thing fixed everything folks hated last time. Hope so, it nearly knocked the wind out of the franchise.

Me 2 Wes, although I did not play the last one till this current release so I can not attest to what made folks "hate the last verison".

I heard just about everything was a letdown, it was considered a small flop even in japan. Part of it was that it got put out before it was ready so they had to fix stuff on the fly, which seems to be common practice in the industry these days. If i didn't hate MMOs i'd go for it. The one thing they've done right with Final fantasy is bring back the old school moogles and not those stupid things from ff12 and tactics.

Early acces started today and while its a bumpy start as usual with any mmo i can say that the game is alot of fun. Even considering there is no PvP atm.

That would be the new tactics games. The 1st tactics game was awesome and top 3 of the whole FF series. Let us know how the game is since you have early access.

That would be the new tactics games. The 1st tactics game was awesome and top 3 of the whole FF series. Let us know how the game is since you have early access.

I "had" early access, but my internet is being retarded this weekend and can't get anything resolved with my ISP. Hopefully I'll get in on Monday. >.<

As long as there's no more of this Ivarice crap in future tactics games and the horrid moogle design lol. They should have made Dissidia a tactics game. I'm glad to hear this one is shaping up, it's got rave reviews from the reviewers who hated the first version when it was glitchy.

I'm playing on Ultros; character name is Emma Lee. Open beta was good, but early access has had some big problems with the duty finder and instanced quests not working. Unfortunately, most of the main story quests are instanced, so a lot of people are stuck right now because they can't complete their quests. Servers have also been down quite a bit to try and fix the problems.

Here's hoping they get it smoothed out in the next couple of days. Looking forward to playing once it's fixed!

earlyaccess.jpg

I can't stand mmo tho, I need a ending to my story or atleast something to say you beat it. Got a ton of crap from my friends for it. But I will give it a try if its good all around. Maybe I can hook up with one of you guys/ gals for a run of two.

Yes, I agree no more ivarice story lines. They should have kept it to only the holy stones story. Love when FF bashes / questions religious stories.

Well, if you guys are still interested in playing, I would recommend waiting a week or so before buying the game if you haven't already done so. While I highly recommend the game, there have been so many login issues the past couple of days that I would suggest waiting a bit until they get them resolved.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back