DREDD 3D Pepakura Helmet (WIP) + Armour (NEW!)

BR3TT

Hi Guys, After attempting a Dredd 3D Helmet with a BMX helmet as the base (To no avail).. I decided to give it a go with pepakura! And here is the progress so far!..

1000257_10201507415234482_406603039_n.jpg544515_10201507415914499_1206534449_n.jpg548992_10201507416234507_236528819_n.jpg

.. Much better :D!
As you can see I had to relieve some of the pressure in parts as it started to buckle (this is my first attempt at pepakura!).. Anyway, I hotglued over it, seems to have done the trick..

Last edited:
Re: DREDD 3D Pepakura Helmet (WIP)

Not bad for your first pep build. Mine was All kinds of lopsided. The top looks a ill wavy. Just make sure it's even and symmetrical before you start with the fiberglass. Good thing about pep files is your not out too much if you decide to start over.

Also, who's file is that? The eyes look more screen accurate then the one I used.

Here you go mate:

Dredd 2012 Helmet

Yeah, I didn't like the idea of Fiberglass so I was going to hot glue the entire inside of the helmet for reinforcement, but changed my mind and ordered some Smooth-Cast 300 !.. Going to give it a layer on top, and a few inside (possibly rondo it)..

I MAY need to adjust to length of it as I've got a feeling its going to be a bit of a squeeze with padding inside.. I am NOT doing this Pepakura again lol.. There was a ridiculous amount of Tabs & Numbers (Especially for my first go) xD!

Blackkaos sells what in my opinion is the best Dredd Movie helmet pep file. It also looks like you printed on normal paper. Use the thickest cardstock that you can find.

It's 160 grm card, seems fine to me! It'll be rock solid once I'm finished with the resin anyway.

I've only done pep once, but I really liked how it worked out using thin plastic rather than paper. I'll definitely do that again! It looks like you are off to a great start!

Hey guys, just an update on my progress with my DREDD build! I found some old leathers in my attic and my dad just gave me his old sidis!
What you reckon? A bit of tweaking and they'll look good I think! (Sorry for the bad camera angle, took it myself awkwardly lol)

image.jpg

Last edited:
Well I've had a day off from work and got some more done! I got the smooth cast on (tried on the helmet to find it was JUST small, so I did a little adjusting.. I say little lol.. I cut the helmet in half with my dremel and added foam in a 2cm gap between the two halves, added some more smooth cast to strengthen it then slushed a load around inside! Phew lol) and then got some bondo on :D! Some sanding them more bondo (it looks scraggy right now as I trimmed the cheek guards too far down but hey, my delta sander is making light work of it :D!

Here's some pics to give a rough idea how its going, going to do more sanding tomorrow so more pics to come!...

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back