Captain America: Avengers costume genderswap

Sorry I've been a bit dormant. Shield drama taking up my life. But last night I finished the whole costume, and if I have time I'll add brown leather straps to the back of the shield.

First image is the chipping escalated to the 9th degree. I don't feel like I've seen anyone else have chipping issues with the Duplicolor chrome and the metalcast paints, but I had all kinds of issues. I ended up sanding down to base and starting over. I clear coated it yesterday morning, I'll try to take a finished picture tonight

IMG_1926.jpgIMG_1928.jpg

I had to try on a bunch of the costume to fit the utility belt (you can see it sans pocket) and the boot glue was drying, but you can get the idea. I'm getting my hair trimmed and roots touched wednesday night before we leave for Atlanta!
IMG_1932.jpg

Now I need to figure out how to make a She-ra sword before thursday morning...

Wow this is so awesome! I've been scouring the internet for a good genderbend captain america and well this one blows the competition out of the water! :) I was just wondering what kind of fabric did you use for the jacket?

Wow this is so awesome! I've been scouring the internet for a good genderbend captain america and well this one blows the competition out of the water! :) I was just wondering what kind of fabric did you use for the jacket?

I used a white knit pique and dyed it!

Hey I'm new to the site, I have been just finishing up my WWII Saving Bucky female Captain America costume (pictures will be added later in its own thread of mine)
But I would love to make the jacket that you have there. I know that you may want to keep the pattern to yourself, but it would be really helpful for me to make that jacket. ^^

Hey I'm new to the site, I have been just finishing up my WWII Saving Bucky female Captain America costume (pictures will be added later in its own thread of mine)
But I would love to make the jacket that you have there. I know that you may want to keep the pattern to yourself, but it would be really helpful for me to make that jacket. ^^

Since that jacket is modeled after the Avengers costume, I'm not it's quite the right fir for what you're doing. But I drafted a princess seamed style pattern as a base to work from. Similar to this, but shortening it adjusting the front flap to be more movie correct. Silk Motorcycle Jacket 03/2012 #115 ? Sewing Patterns | BurdaStyle.com

I hope that helps.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back