USS Enterprise TOS filming model PRE-restoration pics here.

nosajpks

Was going through my harddrive and found some pics I snapped of the big E original filming model about 25 years ago - before the Ed Miarecki restoration - when the model was still hanging from the ceiling of the Rocketry and Spaceflight exhibit in the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum. I'm not posting these to add to the slams on Miarecki's restoration job (I'm one of the few who thinks he actually did a great job and I liked what he did.) but I figured they might be an interesting little tidbit for people interested in this sort of thing.

StarTrekStuff017.JPGStarTrekStuff008.JPGStarTrekStuff009.JPGStarTrekStuff010.JPGStarTrekStuff011.JPGStarTrekStuff012.JPGStarTrekStuff013.JPGStarTrekStuff014.JPGStarTrekStuff015.JPGStarTrekStuff016.JPG

I know absolutely nothing about this piece, but it is ALWAYS awesome to see old photos come to light that we mgiht not see anywhere else. Thanks for sharing!

Man those Pics bring back some memories.

She was not in the best shape when they put her on display in 1976

Seriously, a great walk down memory lane. I can recall being there for the first time around 1977 or so taking the exact same pictures!

Glad I could share. I think they were taken about 1988-1989 This was back in the days of 35mm photography... and I remember standing there - and i literally used 30 rolls of 36 exposure film taking nothing but shots of the ship... About 15 years ago - for a demonstration of some film scanning hardware I was testing for Konica Minolta (in a commercial environment) I had scanned in these ten examples you see in the post. If I run across the hordes of better picture negatives with closeups and better details - I'll scan them in and share as well. Nothing beat the majesty of seeing this ship so close - andnot behind glass like it's current location.

I saw it back in 1978 and was blown away just to see it. To my eyes it looked perfect, even though it wasn't.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back