Oblivion - Jack Harper - Jacket and pants detail pattern template

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
Just so there is no disappointment, right off the bat, this is NOT a full pattern of the jacket and pants, but instead a template of the detailing pattern printed ON the jacket and pants (see the highlighted yellow sections in the image below. I managed to snag a screen used shirt from the movie that has the same pattern and have scanned that pattern in and created a repeatable pattern (much like we did with the superman chainmail) that can be used if you are creating your own jacket and pants. Feel free to use this as you see fit. These files are in 600DPI, and are full size.

oblivion-jack-harper.jpg

Attachments

• oblivion-jack-harper-shirt-pattern-600dpi.png
    oblivion-jack-harper-shirt-pattern-600dpi.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 529
  • oblivion-jack-harper-shirt-pattern-600dpi-scan.jpg
    oblivion-jack-harper-shirt-pattern-600dpi-scan.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 483
  • oblivion-jack-harper-shirt-pattern-600dpi-single.png
    oblivion-jack-harper-shirt-pattern-600dpi-single.png
    10.6 KB · Views: 297
Minus the title, tease!.... Thanks for the image... now how about that pattern.
Costume aside, I'd love a functional set of pure white leathers.

Do we know if the jacket was a one of a kind item for mr cruise? The jacket place listed above seems to be operating a few site with the same format! It's also listing the sleeve size at 27" I don't know about you guys I'm an XL jacket but 27" would cover my hands, I'm waiting to hear back from them! As you say it would be a good jacket to start from!

Ah Art you tease. This is very cool but I was hoping I was gonna see a full jacket.
I'm hoping UD Replicas will get their act together and make a set of bike leathers based on this outfit.

Thanks Art! Wish I'd found this thread before spending several hours making one from scratch.

FYI, mine is close, but yours is better. ;)

Thanks again!

Russ

I'm going to try. No idea how its going to turn out as this will be a full on
scratch build. I've never attempted sewing something at this level of construction before. :)

Going to scratch build the whole jacket. No donor. :)

Doing this is going to be as interesting as scratch building a Tron Legacy costume. There's
no less than 3 different fabric types in it, and LOTS of different angles and stuff. I'm hoping
I'm up to the task.

I'm probably going to forgo the detail supplied above because I don't have time to create a
template for painting or printing right now, so it will be lacking that important aspect.

This would definitely be on my must buy list.

The one from Slimfit is pretty cool, but I wonder what the actual color is? The "as pictured" color is kind of a weird gray, which looks too dark for my taste.

I have been trying to deal with slim fit! They don't seem to want to answer questions! Don't know if anyone has used them? I have been looking around at donor jackets, there are some good examples, if only to reverse engineer one to see how they go together! :-/

I do plan on offering the jacket or kits for people to attempt on their own. I will open an interest thread when I'm ready.

You DO realize you're an evil prop-crack supplying god, don't you? :D

Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Are you thinking just the jacket, or jacket AND pants?

Russ

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back