Toy collection- UPDATE 9/20

Re: Is anyone here a toy collection expert?

Yeah, I took a look at your collection yesterday, and what was posted, I would guess $300 as its value as a lot. However, I could also guess $200. Or even $500. And I've been collecting for a while. *expert level achieved* The real trick is going to be finding the person willing to give you ANY money for the TPM stuff, or anything from that era.

Also, I took the time, which was like maybe an hour and a half, pricing my own collection using the Ebay method as a price guide, and I got my own answer. I didn't have to argue that I deserved a price by an expert, and I didn't have to come up with an analogy to make my intentions clear. I just did it. I didn't wait two days and argue in a thread about it. I did it.

Jodo, I'm glad you offered some good advice and happy you collection is going well.

Thank you for your responses in my thread, I'm looking forward to your next project with great interest.

No problem man, anytime! :)

In case you or anyone was curious, my going out on a limb worked at the garage sale. The figures I would be even lucky to sell at ALL sold for $3.50 a peice. A guy came in at the end and even bought everything that was left on the tables in one transaction. The figures I put out there I'd have been lucky to get $100 for online, and I mean LUCKY...Where as I brought in around $350 by pricing them this way. So now I can focus on selling the more uncommon figures which are worth between $4-$15 each. It also feels great to have finally unloaded them. :D

But ... But, that is specifically what you asked for. NOW I'm starting to agree with Rylo, I am feeling like I've stepped through the Looking Glass! WHEW!

He wasn't looking for a hard estimate, he was looking for opinions. Not individual pricing.

UPDATE ** 9/20

After today I am a toy collector no more !

I took the online photos of my collection and shared them with Dallas Vintage Toys, and after a few emails and phone calls I loaded up 9 huge rubbermaid bins and drove everything down to their office in Dallas.

They looked everything over and their estimate was right on-par with the one Moviefreak made, and they offered me about 1/3 in cash or trade.

I took the trade value as all I really wanted to to be less all the toys and have a nice, pre-1980 vintage carded figure (as I didn't think I'd be able to trade for much more).

I am now the proud owner of a Meccano French Star Wars Ben Kenobi carded action figure. It was already in the acrylic case which is even better because I've already been able to display it at my house.

FObi1-vi.jpg

The card back is the only one to ever feature the blue Snaggletooth figure and the vinyl-cape Jawa figure.

FObi2-vi.jpg

Overall I'm ecstatic with the trade and happy to be rid of all those figures and toys before they became even more worthless.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back