Batman arkham origins WIP

Re: Batman arkham origins WIP - pep unfolder needed !

This is looking fantastic! Did you just draw out the biceps & abs or did you design them on a computer first? This is gonna look awesome when it's completely done!

Well I'm subbing this for sure. That is some brilliant work and the materials is just inspiring me to go and do this now. But I'm currently living in poverty so this will be like torture till I can source some moolah!

Keep up the excellent work.

The shin files from the 1st page don't seem to be downloading.
I'll look into that when I get home, thanks for letting me know.

Thanks for the kind words everyone ! I'll have some updates by the end of the week, I'm focusing on making the belt pieces ready to mold right now, but the weather keeps getting in the way... And coofunkcurly's cowl is on the way, I can't wait to get it !

ShadowAssassin : I draw them by hand, using my measurements as a guide, which is why a few pieces are not exactly accurate, but I don't have a 230 Lbs frame of pure muscles :lol These templates should already be available in the first post I think, I still need to upload the side pieces and legs if I'm not mistaken. The good news is that I found them, just need to scan them.

Thanks for the kind words everyone ! I'll have some updates by the end of the week, I'm focusing on making the belt pieces ready to mold right now, but the weather keeps getting in the way

Indeed the weather is being a damm pain atm. Only got painting to do myself but seems to take ages lol.

This is freaking brilliant! I've been working on my own, but this just blows my mind.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the shin.zip file. Can't believe I overlooked that.

On second glance, the gauntlets look a little strange to me. I took the .pdo file and tweaked the model a little bit, and then unfolded it. For the most part, the proportions are identical, I just tweaked the back half/diamond shaped thing a little, making it shorter and wider. You can check it out here, if you want:
http://www.4shared.com/file/kLmLgOph/GAUNT.html
Untitled.png

Last edited:

Thank you, they look much better now ! I indeed wasn't too happy about them, but couldn't find how to fix them ! They're a PITA to pep though, so maybe foam is the way to go. No update on the suit itself I'm afraid, but the belt is coming along nicely ! Buckle and bat symbol are in silicone right now, I'll demold tonight and hopefully start pulling soon. Then I can get back to the suit itself.

Last edited:

My gauntlets were a combination of the AA pep and foam layers, and frankly it looks terrible...Then again, they haven't been bondo'd yet. I'd thought about a foam build from scratch but didn't know where to begin. I think I'm going to try and use your pep file, I'll let you know how it turns out.

Did you design the fins from scratch too?

Also, here's a couple quickies of my gauntlet. It needs a whole lotta work.
2013-09-17 23.34.43.jpg
2013-09-17 23.34.56.jpg

EDIT: This whole attaching images thing makes me feel like an idiot...I can't bring my sleep-deprived self to figure it out.

Attachments

• laq7.jpg
    laq7.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 316
Last edited:

thanks. Looking good Crimson !
Just checked the bat symbol mold and it looks awesome, hopefully it will make great casts !

While I'm more of an Asylum kind of Bat, and not a huge fan of the origins design, I think your build is remarkable.
Personally can't wait to see you suited up.
-Brin

Me too :lol
First bat is a miscast unfortunately, but a second one is already curing. Got a few good casts of the belt buckle though, but a few bad too.

lk6b.jpg

(tail and right wing didn't go all the way)

Dude, this build is looking GREAT. Keep up the awesome work! We're all rooting for you!

thanks.
i have a good pull of the bat this time, just waiting for Coofunkcurly's cowl to arrive so I can glue it perfectly under the cape clip is supposed to go.
Also have one set and a half of knuckle pieces, and I've been gluing rivets and other parts together, hoping to complete the upper body during the week.
I'm experimenting a paint job on my own belt buckle, it's drying right now, we'll see what it looks like tomorrow !

f8wq.jpg

Niiiiiice.

Also, I wanted to say thanks for posting all the files you're using. Your shin pep file and the .stl files for the buckle and pouches are really saving my butt, I was behind schedule until I found this thread! This is gonna be a killer costume when you're done, man.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back