Batman arkham origins WIP

Got some work done today, all the pieces I had are coated with the fabric, and I started on the straps. Looking at the pics I collected, it seems that the abs actually poke through some black material that could be leather or rubber, so I'm going to go with foamies coated with faux leather, it looks good, as you'll see later. Just need to create a base shape with the foamies, a first layer on which I'll glue the chest and the abs in place, then a second layer over the abs, well actually around the abs, coated in leather. That should do it. The shoulders need a base layer too, but in textured grey fabric, between which I'll glue the straps. That's the plan for the following days, on to the pics now !

this is how it looked like before fabric coating :
m4sh.jpg

And after :
8md8.jpg

kbcq.jpg

Details of some straps work on one shoulder, the horizontal stripes between the biceps and triceps are foamies coated with leather. I'm happy with how that looks.
9j1k.jpg

I'm a bit less happy with all the unwanted wrinkles, mostly on chest and shoulders, but the fabric is not elastic at all, so I was unable to avoid them. I tried to minimised them, and I hope the bat symbol will cover most of them on the chest...

Also have a rough shape of the belt buckle, but this one still need some work, especially since I want this buckle to be functional. You press the button to release it, and and just clicks to close it. Nothing fancy though, I'll just glue a plastic center button buckle from ebay under, and glue this belt button over the one on the plastic buckle. Just need to incorporate the shape of this plastic buckle in my design.
zcf.png
klcc.png

Actually me too :lol It started as a "why not ? Let's give it a try" and now I really want to make it good. I'm out of foam and glue, so I did some 3D work instead :
4xp.png

1ku.png

And redoing the belt, the mesh was just horrible in my first version.
The files for the pocket and the tube thing are in the first post, belt buckle is coming. I checked with my 3D print service, these are going to cost me over 200$, so I might also do a run of these later, I will have to cast them for myself anyway, since this price is for 1 pocket, 1 tube and 1 belt buckle, and I need something like 4 of each, so while I'm a it, I might as well make plenty. The tubes are functional, I think it will just need an o-ring to make sure the cap stays well in place, but the pockets are not really made to be functional, but by roto casting them there might be a way to mod them, no sure if it's worth it though, given they are only 3x3 inches approximately, not big enough for a cellphone.

Last edited:
Thanks !
Almost done with the buckle, will upload as soon it's finished.
krx7.png

edit : buckle uploaded. And triangle shape in the release button has been downsized compared to the pic above :

9nvz.png
klcc.png

Last edited:
Been working slowly lately, because I have 4 exams coming very soon, so updates are going to be a bit more frequent, but I still work on this during my breaks.
Managed to do the side pieces in foam, not yet recovered, some more templates, and I have the shin guard done in 3D but I need help to unfold it, I'm thinking for paper, and why not foam, but I am going to try the traditional method for once.. So if there is any unfolder reading this and willing to help, here are the files : shin.zip They are low poly, as it seems most pep are, so I kept it this way, but if they are any modifications to make in the model, let me know or feel free to do it, whatever suits you best.
njp0.png

Re: Batman arkham origins WIP - pep unfolder needed !

Blender, it's free and rather complete, but maybe not super user friendly.

i unfolded one of the files for you where do you want me to upload it?

- - - Updated - - -

here it is http://cl.ly/0X15460V173X

- - - Updated - - -

you can actully download pepakura designer and unfold the rest of http://cl.ly/2R0k3A1f1o0L

- - - Updated - - -

cl.ly/2R0k3A1f1o0L

Thanks. I actually tried to unfold them myself, but I have a bug keeping me from accessing the flaps editing, which I need for a paper build. I think my windows bootcamp partition is corrupted from abusing it in parallels desktop...

lookin great so far bro...keep buildin' keep postin'.

quick update : done with all the templates except for the shoulder blades, which I can't find reference pics for, one leg cut out of foam, almost all of the side armour pieces cut out and glued. It looks like this :
07g3.jpg

the big grey ones are to be coated with leather, the small black (and 1 grey) ones in the same grey fabric I used for the rest.

This also showed up today :
kwsm.jpg

Couldn't resist putting it on the chest piece
cdaa.jpg

And I keep doing the 3D work at same time, but the forearms are tricky pieces to make ! Got one side good I think, but the side with the fins on eludes me for now.
26ji.png

edit : I think I got it more or less figured out. Probably not hyper accurate, but that will have to do until I can get my hands on the game.
Low poly for pep, the fins and the small detail pieces however I plan on 3D print them.
2psl.png

pe1g.png

and smoothed to see what it looked like
bei6.png

I'll probably add all the pipes and raised lines later by hand on the pep, most likely in foam before the resin coat.
Let me know what you think !

Last edited:

This is one of the most exciting threads I've seen in AGES. You're a machine man! Can't wait to see you all suited up!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back