Obi-Wan Emitter : Male Balance Pipes can be CORRECTED!!! Take a L@@K!!!

Romans Empire

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
After some board members finally getting their hands on another 9 correct (female) balance pipes, and 9 incorrect (male) balance pipes... It turns out the Male sides can be corrected to almost 100% accurate!!!

Here's a couple comparison pics between the correct (female) pipe and incorrect (male) pipe:

Front/face : Notice the center of the male emitter has a protruding 'lip' around the center.
Back : Notice the outside of the male flange doesn't have a bevel.

As you scroll down you can see both these issues have been corrected leaving a nearly 100% accurate male emitter. Hope you like the results :)

mfcmp1.jpg

mfcmp3.jpg

Corrections made! Now for a little deburring!!!

correctedbp2.jpg

correctedbp3.jpg

correctedbp4.jpg

Darken up the 16-holes!

correctedbp5.jpg

Nice new bevel added underneath and there you have it!!! :cheers

correctedbp6.jpg

Last edited:
Leaving a nearly 100% male emitter? ;)
Seriously though totally think this is a fantastic discovery

I think it's a fantastic idea.

Funny it took us so many years after discovering what the part was and the differences between the male and female side to think of modifying these like this.

Yeah, I don't know why no one ever thought of fixing them!! :confused
It's one of the first things I thought about doing!!

You're quite welcome, Glen. I've got to agree with you... I love those pits, too!! :cheers

Finally my idea worked, I was sure about it when I told it to the groupe before we buy.

Here is what I did:

942179_531563113589632_1027123484_n.jpg

-rough male,uncleaned
-after the lathe
-after the smoke
-once cleaned

Last edited:
I'm sure another engine will turn up somewhere :thumbsup

BTW, how's it going with the sink knobs?

Hey buddy. I sure hope one turns up. He didn't have a time line. He said he has us in line. I had to give a $50 deposit and he said he'd contact me when they were complete for the balance, but did guarantee it wouldn't go over his initial $60-80 to plate one. We should be in good shape. I figure I'd give him a couple of weeks, before I bug him with a status. :) Thanks so much for taking mine apart!

Did someone find another engine???

Is there something in the air???

I've gotten 3 emails/PMs about fixing these balance pipes in the last week... must be Wabbit... err... obi-Wan season!!! :lol

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back