WIP Deathstroke (Batman: Arkham Origins)

TestEagle

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
1st Oct 2013 Note: Well unfortunately the armour for this project is on hold, vendor creating armour has run into some issues and cannot complete works (and has closed up shop, I have removed reference to armour maker), so I'll need to source a new maker for armour or start creating myself.

So like many I saw the Batman: Arkham Origins trailer and associated game promotional pics and gameplay images and I got hooked on Deathstroke, even tho there is a lot of out there I've managed to a number of images to reference, I've also supplied some of these images to other members to help in the creation of their own costumes.

I have more money than sense sometimes so I have some specific details with BB Props for production of Helm/Mask.

Here's some of the progression shots for Helm/Mask (this will be carbon fiber):
DeathstrokeBBprops.jpgDeathstroke side progress BBprops.jpg
For Helm/Mask BB Props is working off:
500px-Deathstroke_ArkhamOrigins.jpg

For armour we're working off the concept image, the toy and some promo shots:
Batman-Arkham-Origins-Death-Stroke.jpgBatman-Arkham-Origins-Deathstroke-Mattel.jpgbatman-arkham-origins-deathstroke side profile.jpg
Armour is to be made from either powder coated aluminum (my and costume makers preferred material) or plastics, nylon and or fiber glass/carbon fiber.

I myself have been also collecting various parts:
Sword
Sword.jpg
Plan with sword is to extend the sheath out and add studs (of stud look) to achieve the look shown on toy image.

Staff
For staff I have 2 ideas and I'm seeing which will be best
1: This is two sword sticks by United Cutlery with blades removed and screwed together, length about 1 meter.
IMAG0269.jpg

Option 2. Is 3 Carbon Fiber tubes about 495mm each, these are fixed together with cork (so they can be disconnected if challenged at a con for being "dangerous"), this is to be complimented with some bike grips to add further texture and cover joins in tubes, ends of bike grips are to be cut off and used as end caps for staff.
IMAG0271.jpgblack_track.jpg

Belts, pouches and holster so far.
Belts.jpg

Myself and my two costume makers are based in Victoria Australia and the aim is to get this out for Release of game 25th October and to attend Armageddon Expo Melbourne on the 19th and 20th of Oct just before game release.

I do realize there are a lot of people who build from the ground up, but I have some money to burn and I'm a bit of a perfectionist so I would probably never meet my projected end date (plus I lack some of the know how required), that being said I thought some may be interested in its progress and this may assist others with ideas for theirs.

Last edited:
Staff finished, grips came today, took a bit to get them into place, but the staff came up great
IMAG0275.jpgIMAG0273.jpgIMAG0274.jpg
Grips came with their own separate end caps so I was able to mod with a bit of tape to fit nicely in the end of carbon fiber tubes and hold.

1/10/13 Note: Armour maker has pulled pin on project and closed up shop, I am currently looking for another maker.

Some progress pics from (reference removed).
1184894_10201899715318207_1008944400_n.jpg1080644_10201900115488211_310598315_n.jpg579017_10201914671732108_1114452996_n.jpg

Last edited:
Some toy grenades I've picked up, grenade in centre is actually an ashtray (bottom half) and a light (top half) and is made out of metal, the grenade on right is plastic but makes sounds (a kind of ticking sound once lever is pressed and an explosion sound after) 1241363_10151874786441796_354841026_n.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Here's some concept art for a shirt being made.
scaleshirtfront.jpgscaleshirtback.jpg

Shirt is based on Deathstroke's undershirt.
undershirtpattern.JPG
I thought after looking around for a bit that a mesh was probably the closest match, so I based design off this.
Mesh.JPG

Attachments

• Mesh.bmp
    161.2 KB · Views: 264
Last edited:
1/10/13 Note: Armour maker has pulled pin on project and closed up shop, I am currently looking for another maker.

(reference removed) has tipped their hat in for the mask/helm as well and are currently working up a sculpt (head cast was done to assist in creation). Here's some progress;
621806_223762994446760_1599097753_o.jpg
1167993_10202040359714229_1398657128_n.jpg
(eye to be altered to be more triangular)
1291175_10202040547118914_389162355_n.jpg

If both mask/helms are ready by Armageddon (Oct 19th/20th) then I shall probably wear one on one day and one on the other.

Last edited:
Photo of two undershirts I had done, the lighter grey was an error in production and the darker is the final product, I have taken both as I may use for other versions of Deathstroke e.g. Injustice version
1.jpg

Undershirts have arrived, the darker grey (slate) will probably be the one I use for this costume.
UndershirtSlateFront.jpg
(my cat decided he wanted to get in the shot)
UndershirtGreyFront.jpg

This pretty much finishes the under suit off, so just waiting on masks and armour to be finished.

(reference removed) have provided a progress photo of their mask.
994351_10202106532128498_2139946478_n.jpg
Some of the detail is more prominent than actual game images and promo pics, but these will soften in casting and final production.

Last edited:
That is outstanding, please give me a heads up when they are available, so I can stop drooling, it's embarresing.
BB Props does plan on selling copies of this, cost and time frame will be dependent on BB Props (I unable to comment on time frame and cost as this is a commission for me, should be done before 19th of Oct however), BB Props has an independent thread found here http://www.therpf.com/f24/deathstroke-mask-batman-arkham-origins-build-190908/ and BB Props facebook page can be found here https://www.facebook.com/bbprops

BB Props does plan on selling copies of this, cost and time frame will be dependent on BB Props (I unable to comment on time frame and cost as this is a commission for me, should be done before 19th of Oct however), BB Props has an independent thread found here http://www.therpf.com/f24/deathstroke-mask-batman-arkham-origins-build-190908/ and BB Props facebook page can be found here https://www.facebook.com/bbprops

Thanks much, I sent them a pm. You must be chomping at the bit in anticipation of your completed Deathstroke. What a great character.

Thanks much, I sent them a pm. You must be chomping at the bit in anticipation of your completed Deathstroke. What a great character.

Yep I can't wait, this is all in prep for Melbourne Armageddon Expo 19th/20th Oct which will mean this gets a good show before Akrham: Origins release on 25th Oct.

I have reseamed the undershirt recently to make it a tighter fit.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back