Lone Ranger Costume

Waterratt

Hi all, I am new to costuming and cosplay, but have been a big comic book and sci-fi fan for as long as I can remember. Back in 2010, I went to my first Comic Convention in almost 20 years. My son wanted to go with me, and I suggested to him that he wear his Lone Ranger costume that we quickly put together for Halloween. He was not thrilled with the idea, as no one knew who he was at Halloween. Needless to say, he was a big hit. He had people high-fiving him and taking his picture, he was in his glory! The costume is no where near accurate, since it was thrown together in about a week, I went for the "read" of the character than accuracy. For Halloween of 2012, his original costume was a zombie, but after wearing the prosthetics at a party two days earlier, he decided he no longer wanted to wear latex again. This left me with two days to come up with a costume for him, we went with the Armie Hammer version of the Lone Ranger. I thought it came out pretty good, did not get the reception he was hoping for, but I told him it's probably because the movie had not come out yet, but a lot of people like it. I told him that I will make him a new Ranger costume, the Clayton Moore version. I even started to work with leather to make him a nice holster and belt. I did a test making a copy of Johnny Ringo's rig from "Tombstone." I will post pics once I finish his new costume and rig.

From the 2010 Super MegaFest with "The Batman Bomb"
393560340.jpg

The Armie Hammer Version
404686448.jpg

Here is the test holster I made to see if I could make him a Clayton Moore belt and holster. I think it came out pretty cool.
407324127.jpg

He's adorable! I love both versions, but he seems to really fit the new Armie Hammer version :) The holster looks so authentic too, well done!!

He looks great. Clayton Moore's Lone Ranger is currently the number one costume on my project list. I look forward to seeing how this one turns out.

Mike

Thanks for the feedback, I shared them with my son, made him smile. He is going to wear the Armie Hammer Ranger costume to ComiConn on 8/24, but I will post the photos of his Clayton Moore suit and rig once they are complete. If anyone is going to ComiConn in Trumbull, CT, please be sure to stop us and say hello.

The Lone Ranger has always been a favorite of mine....Thank you for sharing this and thank your son for keeping the legend of the Lone Ranger alive..........simply amazing.

Both versions look great and I love that new holster, really nice work. My kids love the attention they get at cons too, so much fun.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back