New Tomenosuke Blaster Pro "Retail" version

staermose

Sr Member
I'm very excited once again to have been asked by the great guys at Tomenosuke, to help with the box artwork for one of their Blaster Pros.
This one is the retail edition, and to make a visually different version it will feature the gun seen from the right side. The Assembly version was shown from the left.

Go here for more:
Tomenosuke Blog

Artwork is still a w.i.p.

Awesome work. I have the Blaster kit and the box art is still one of my favorite aspects of the product. I have mine displayed in front of the box because it's so cool.

What exactly is the "Retail" version going to be compared to the Pros and Kit versions?

Nice work, reminds me of the old school Corel vector clipart. My only thought is that perhaps if the outlines were darker and a heavier line weight it might pop a bit more but what you have is awesome.

Re: New Tomenosuke Blaster Pro "Retail" version

Nice work, reminds me of the old school Corel vector clipart. My only thought is that perhaps if the outlines were darker and a heavier line weight it might pop a bit more but what you have is awesome.

"Artwork is still a w.i.p."

- - - Updated - - -

"Artwork is still a w.i.p."

The lines are what they where on the assembly kit. The style of this new one will be more or less the same. Colours, lines, etc will stay the same, but it will be a bit more accurate than the first one. Basically because my skills have improved since I drew the first one. And I know have an Tomenosuke Blaster, I didn't when I drew the first one. It's much easier to get reference now ;)

As an example, here is the ammohousing. The first version on the left, and albeit the opposite side the new one on the right.

My point was that thicker, black lines would be more reminisce of the advertising art of the 1950’s while thinner, tonal outline would call to mind the iconic screen prints of 70’s. ;)

My point was that thicker, black lines would be more reminisce of the advertising art of the 1950’s while thinner, tonal outline would call to mind the iconic screen prints of 70’s. ;)

A considered comment to be sure but this art needs to conform with the style the client approved for earlier staermose designed packaging - already used on other versions of this blaster.

Regards

MARK

So what is going to be the difference between this blaster, the Pro and the new Kit?

This is just guesswork on my part. Even though I'm involved with the packaging it is only at a very early stage, and I haven't been told much more than they are releasing a new Blaster.
But for the Assembly kit, they remade a few parts. And I'm guessing that these new and improved parts will used for the retail edition as well.

Yes,your artwork is as cool as whats in the box.It's hell.Have the cash to buy a few of them,but none are available at the moment.Bought an upgraded offworld that fits my sons tiny hand pretty good,lol.

Nobu-san's masterpiece on display! :D

???PRO?????????SP????????? : ???? ????? ??????

201308-28-42-a0077842_1647853.jpg

LOL, this is REALLY off topic, but I've always wondered this. If you go to that link and let google translate it, the first sentence is quite...shocking. I've always seen the queen of dirty words, the F dash dash dash word translated on things like subway signs, restaurant menus, etc. in Japanese.
What word is it that translates to "F-=k"

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back